Summary of Essential Job Duties:|
The Database Administration Manager reports to the CTO or designee and is responsible for the planning and management of all technical and operational activities associated with the database administration function. This individual oversees administration of relational database management system (Oracle/MS SQL),and object-oriented database management system (Cache) data, as well as data spaces in one or more computing environments (e.g., Unix, Linux, Windows). Manages a team of database specialists responsible for the technical functions associated with creating and maintaining databases: high availability; performance and tuning analysis; capacity planning, workload modeling, and prediction; systems support; long-term strategic planning; application support and optimization; problem resolution tracking; and software upgrades. Ensures high-level support for a large and complex RDBMS/ODBMS environment consisting of more than 350 database instances.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline preferred; Master’s degree is desirable; equivalent experience acceptable.
Have you updated your profile lately? If not, please click "Edit Profile" link at the top of this page.
- Minimum of eight years of experience with information systems in a complex multi-platform healthcare environment.
- Minimum of three-five years of experience in a supervisory/managerial role responsible for technical teams and successful execution of database-related projects with enterprise impact.
- At least five years of in-depth experience in the design, administration, programming, and support of RDBMSs/ODBMSs (e.g., Oracle, MS SQL, Cache) in one or more computing environments (e.g., Unix, Windows, Linux).
- Hands-on experience in a 24x7 support environment, including tuning, load balancing of databases and applications, clustering, backups/restores, and troubleshooting.
- Demonstrated expertise with design and implementation of test plans, managing the software development life cycle in a highly fluid environment, change management systems, and source code control systems.
- Demonstrated expertise in communicating with end-users and managing or supervising user support teams on an enterprise level.
- Demonstrated expertise with healthcare applications and understanding of the needs and priorities of patient care providers.
- Demonstrated expertise in a wide range of software development, client/server, relational database, systems integration, and networking technologies.
- Experience working in a healthcare environment supporting Epic Applications is highly desirable.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, demonstrated expertise in project management, systems analysis, customer relations, and vendor contract negotiation and management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to deal effectively with diverse skill sets and personalities, provide strong team leadership, and work effectively as a team player.
- Expert with mainstream office automation, project management, presentation, and communications tools.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
Submit to Position
Email A Friend
Cedars-Sinai has established itself as one of the nation’s most respected healthcare leaders. We were named to the Honor Roll in the...