3M HIS Java Software Engineer (NLP) - Bethesda, MD-1209219
Organization : Health Care Business Group
Primary Location: USA Region-United States-Maryland-Bethesda
Job Type: Experienced
3M HIS Java Software Engineer (NLP) – Bethesda, MD
For more than 100 years, 3M has been a company that delivers both sustainable growth and consistent results. Today is no exception. We are making great progress toward inventing a new future for 3M - a future of faster growth and increased competitiveness, while continuing to deliver superior results.
3M Health Information Systems, Inc., is the leader in providing healthcare funding and performance management solutions. With more than 5,000 customers, 3M Health Information Systems enables healthcare providers to enhance operations, shorten revenue cycle times, improve patient care and achieve an electronic health record solution.
We are looking for a strong software engineer to work on our medical coding engine. As part of a larger team, play a key role in designing and building key components related to our NLP engine. You should be able to work well in a small, fast-paced team of software engineers, natural language processing experts, quality engineers, subject matter experts, and customers.
- Participate in software design, coding, testing, and debugging of enterprise class software.
- Develop software components in Java using agile design-build-test methodologies
- Integrate the NLP pipeline into the production environment and ensure its scalability
- Participate in analysis and code reviews
- Work with other software architects, software engineers, quality engineers, and other team members to design and build required systems
- Adhere to team design and coding procedures and standards
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 3+ years of Java development experience
- Minimum 1+ year(s) experience programming in a Linux/Unix environment
- Familiarity with JUnit, JIBX, Spring, XML, eclipse
- Java based REST and/or SOAP frameworks, Active MQ, Enterprise Service Bus frameworks
- Computer science (esp. algorithms and data structures), software development, test driven development, OOP
- User knowledge and experience in Unix/Linux environments; Working knowledge of Unix commands.
- Experience with SQL/MySQL or similar database products. Ability to write substantial queries.
- Familiarity with Agile/SCRUM based software development processes
- Experience with Natural Language Processing software and methods, including tools such as Weka and UIMA a plus
- Must be a team player, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail, and a commitment to quality work
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and documentation skills
This position is a 3M HIS position and is therefore not a 3M benefited position. The position is subject to the benefit package under 3M HIS benefits program. Details will be shared with you at the time of interview with the hiring manager.
No relocation available
Apply now for this exciting opportunity with 3M.
3M is an EEO/AA employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
3M - 12 months ago
At 3M, we pair imaginative thinking with science-based technology to create globally-renowned products. We lead scores of markets: health...