The Building Engineer reports to the Chief Engineer and maintains a working relationship with the Senior Property Manager, Assistant Property Manager, and Tenant Coordinator in his/her area for issues affecting their properties. Issues may range from tenant improvement work to preventive maintenance and repair of all building systems. The Building Engineer must exhibit outstanding client service and professionalism in all interactions with tenants and RMR staff. Teamwork and collaboration are critical to this position’s success.
- Operates, maintains and logs all HVAC and MEP equipment under the direction of the Area Chief Engineer.
- Complete tenant service requests and develops and maintains positive tenant relations through prompt, courteous response to tenant requests.
- Perform preventive maintenance on HVAC equipment, plumbing and electrical systems, as directed by the Area Chief.
- Maintain computerized or manual equipment logs that detail preventive work performed.
- Cleans and paints all equipment and surrounding areas relating to equipment and equipment rooms.
- Maintains stock and inventory of parts, orders and picks up repair parts and supplies as needed for all shifts.
- Maintains professional appearance and manner at all times while in the complex.
- Perform snow removal as needed.
- Take meter readings on all meters and equipment as directed by the Area Chief Engineer.
- Arranges Engineering coverage on all shifts for vacation and sick time requests.
- Notifies Area Chief Engineer of any personnel problems or issues that need to be addressed between team members.
- Make required repairs to all building systems.
- 3 years of direct experience in the management of mechanical, electrical and plumbing operations for commercial office buildings.
- Individual should have experience in all aspects of mechanical, electrical, life/safety and plumbing operations in commercial office buildings.
- Experience with computerized building management systems.
- Refrigeration or electrical license preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Must be a team oriented, problem solver.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, are essential.
- Ability to review own work for quality and completeness will be a key to success.
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external teams.
Founded in 1986, Reit Management & Research LLC (RMR) is a privately held asset management company that manages one of the largest portfolios of publicly owned real estate in the United States with approximately $21.5 billion of assets under management, including more than 1,650 properties located in the 46 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and Ontario, Canada. RMR has approximately 790 employees in its headquarters and regional offices located throughout the country. RMR manages CommonWealth REIT (NYSE: CWH), an office and industrial real estate investment trust, or REIT; Hospitality Properties Trust (NYSE: HPT), a hospitality REIT; Senior Housing Properties Trust (NYSE: SNH), a healthcare REIT; a government property focused REIT, Government Properties Income Trust (NYSE: GOV); and Select Income REIT (NYSE: SIR), a REIT that focuses on net leased, single tenant properties; and also provides management and administrative services to two publicly traded real estate based operating companies: Five Star Quality Care, Inc (NYSE Amex: FVE) and TravelCenters of America LLC (NYSE Amex: TA). An affiliate of RMR, Sonesta International Hotels Corporation, is one of HPT's hotel managers; and another affiliate of RMR, RMR Advisors, Inc. is the investment manager of a publicly owned mutual fund, which principally invests in securities of unaffiliated real estate companies.
Reit Management & Research
- 3 years ago - save job