Mental Health Assistant
Requisition #: 78545
Status: Part-Time with Part-Time Benefits (20-35.99 Hours)
Business Unit: Behavioral Services
Department: Adolescent Unit
Job Family: Behavioral Services
Job Function: Behavioral Health
Campus/Job Location Kingswood Hospital
Location (State/City): US-MI-Ferndale
To provide assistance in administering therapeutic care plans for psychiatric patients under the direction of a Registered Nurse and according to standard operating procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Sixteen (16) college credit hours, preferably in a mental health, allied health, psychology or related field.
- Completion of 16 credits in Associate Degree in Nursing or Mental Health Worker Associate Degree program.
- Previous mental health worker experience or related experience that demonstrates knowledge of mental health worker role.
- References to support work experience or related mental health worker counselor experience.
- Must successfully complete Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) training.
- General inpatient living conditions.
- Must be able to assist patients with activities of daily living.
- At times, physical management of combative patients is required.
- Potential contact for infectious diseases.
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Henry Ford Health System is committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, weight/height, marital status, familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Henry Ford Health System
- 2 years ago - save job
Built around a hospital founded by Detroit's favorite son, the not-for-profit Henry Ford Health System (HFHS) is a hospital network...