Leggett & Platt is seeking a Safety Coordinator at Sterling Steel in Sterling, IL ( watch Sterling Steel video ). We need an experienced professional who is passionate about health & safety in an industrial environment. Sterling Steel operates on a 24-hour production schedule, so a flexible, team-first mentality is essential.
The Safety Coordinator will ensure safety procedures are implemented and followed by building trust with employees of all levels--from production workers to engineers to management. In addition, we're looking for someone with excellent presentation skills who can offer training programs to our entire workforce.
- Develop, implement, and modify safety policies and procedures
- Perform plant safety inspections and audits
- Ensure OSHA compliance for all safety programs, policies, equipment, and recordkeeping
- Develop and present all required OSHA and safety training
- Perform and track injury, near miss, and property damage investigations
- Work with management to provide a safe working environment
- Ensure first response and proper first aid supplies are available for all shifts
- Support 24 hour mill schedule through variable shifts or being on call
- Bachelors or associates degree preferred
- 1-5 years of experience as Safety Manager, Safety Supervisor, Safety Engineer, Safety Coordinator, or related career in safety field
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task multiple projects successfully
- OSHA training preferred
- First responder training a plus
We’re not just hiring, we’re building a better company. Since 1883, Leggett & Platt (NYSE: LEG) has been creating a wide variety of innovative products that can be found in most homes, offices, and automobiles. Today our growing company consists of 20,000 employee-partners in 140 manufacturing facilities throughout 17 countries. We are always looking for talented professionals to succeed and grow with us. We value innovative and passionate people with a track record of success. For more information, please visit www.leggett.com.
Leggett & Platt is proud to be an Equal Access/Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
That spring in your step after a good night's sleep may be there courtesy of Leggett & Platt (L&P) -- the pioneer of steel coil...