ACAC's continuing mission is to offer the best multi-purpose fitness and wellness facilities in America. We do this by providing Outstanding Customer Service that surpasses that of any other fitness club, large or small. acac's six Fitness & Wellness Centers, located in two states, are privately owned and professionally-managed facilities that offer its members individually-tailored health and wellness services. Our comprehensive state-of-the-art facilities consist of world class fitness systems complemented by vast aquatics areas, extensive group exercise classes, strength training and mind/body programs, on-site cafes, and children fitness and learning programs. acac's commitment to it members is promoted by an ongoing professional development and safety training program for all acac team members. We are now looking to add a Summer Camp Counselor to our acac team.
The Summer Camp Counselor is responsible for ensuring the safety and well-being of every child in Summer Camp Programs; the implementation and execution of a broad range of fun and stimulating sports, fitness and recreation programs; and collaborating with acac Team Members in the spirit of outstanding team work. The Youth Programs Team Member reports to the Director of Youth Programs. All counselors are asked to commit to the full 11 week program with 1 week given for vacation time. All vacation time must be communicated to your supervisor prior to start of camp. The following is a representative list of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position:
• Remain competent in administering acac’s Safety Action Plan and assure that you are alert and prepared for any emergency.
• Learn and utilize acac's emergency procedures including incident reports and use of the internal communication systems.
• Understand and follow acac policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of every member and guest in Youth Programs.
• Arrive to work with enough time allotted to make sure camp facilities are clean, safe and materials are prepared for camp activities.
• Complete proper, safe check-in and check-out processes for children.
• Maintain accurate daily and weekly reports/evaluations on camp.
• Lead children to deliver exciting activities that explore individual interests, serve to develop talents and independence, and build self-esteem and positive social skills.
• Provide basic child care with teaching responsibilities in order to give the children a well balanced experience.
• Develop relationships with children and their parents that foster a high level of trust and sense of security.
• Facilitate all daily projects in a positive an energetic manner while communicating clear instructions and expectations to campers. Assist in the improvement of children’s communication, learning, and other personal skills.
• Greet children and their parents in a friendly and courteous manner to ensure smooth transition into Summer Camp activities. Learn and use their children’s names, provide encouragement, etc.
• Maintain all equipment properly. This includes safety equipment, exercise equipment, cleaning supplies and equipment. Maintain clean, safe, neat and orderly camp areas.
• Report on the need of supplies and equipment when running low so as to never run out.
• Maintain safe environment on pool deck, following all pool regulations and supervision of children while in pool area.
• Clean all areas of the Camp Facilities, properly, thoroughly, and in a timely fashion.
• Make sure you are thoroughly familiar with all camp programs so you can handle questions and communicate knowledgeably with members, guests, and staff. Provide feedback to supervisors and attend team meetings.
• Keep parents informed of events and activities on an ongoing basis. Encourage member participation.
ACAC - 22 months ago