At minimum, high school diploma, two to three years college level courses/Associate’s Degree in Business Administration preferred. Three to five years’ experience in mail services and/or customer service functions. Mail Piece Design Professional (MDP) or other industry certifications required to be achieved within three months of employment if not already completed. Certified Mail and Distribution Systems Manager (CMDSM) certification required within first five years of being in the position if not previously achieved, and required to be maintained during tenure in position. Demonstrated ability to communicate with peers, subordinates and the public, including physicians, physician office staff and members. Excellent organizational and communication skills required. Ability to function well under stress.
Primary Job Functions
• Serves as primary contact for mail and courier functional areas and primary contact in dealing with third party vendors supporting mail operations.
• Regularly meet with internal stakeholders to review metrics, service level agreements and future opportunities.
• Interface with internal stakeholders and various levels of leadership to resolve service issues, ensure service level adherence and to ensure all stakeholder needs are met.
• Coordinates large mailings with other PHP & PHS departments.
• Responsible for compliance of all outgoing mail presented to the United States Postal Service to ensure regulatory requirements are met.
• Conducts customer surveys and face-to-face customer interviews; provides analysis to leadership regarding stakeholder requirements.
• Work in partnership with other functional areas throughout the Presbyterian organization.
• Stay abreast of technology advancements or industry trends Presbyterian may leverage for achieving operational goals.
• Provide training to Mail Services staff on all USPS regulatory requirements. Provide guidance and leadership to staff in obtaining Mail Piece Design Professional (MDP) certification.
• Provide training to PHP & PHS departments regarding USPS regulations, address standardization and address management.
• Prepares written documentation as required by the profession of the department.
• Identifies and implements opportunities to streamline the mailroom and courier functions.
• Attends meetings as required and participates on committees as directed.
• Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meeting, and workshop.
• Ability to effectively manage time and prioritize work.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and cooperatively on teams and influence others without direct authority.
• Great organizational skills and attention to details.
• Ability to understand processes and identify areas for process improvement.
• Ability to present and discuss issues/ideas with management.
• Ability to lead and participate on projects.
• Performs other functions as required.