Provides moderately complex administrative support for one or more departments or administrative units.
- Typically supports multiple managers and/or staff. Researches and obtains information for routine and moderately complex reports and special assignments.
- Executes special or continuous research and moderately complex data analysis.
- Analyzes problems, determines approach, compiles and analyzes data, and prepares reports/recommendations for action by superior.
- Contacts company personnel at all organizational levels to gather information and prepare reports. May act as coordinator of departmental projects, following up on pending details, coordinating project team activities and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Work is generally of a critical or confidential nature and requires a broad knowledge of departmental and company practices, policies, programs, and product line.
- Makes appointments, travel arrangements, meeting arrangements and coordinates activities between departments and outside parties.
- Answers telephones, screens calls and forwards messages.
- Answers routine correspondence and routes mail to the appropriate persons.
- Composes, prepares, edits and proofreads letters, reports and other correspondence.
- Typically uses software packages for word processing, spreadsheets, databases, graphics and desktop publishing applications.
- Operates general office equipment such as personal computer, typewriter, Dictaphone, copier, calculator, fax or other office machines.
- May provide guidance or work leadership to lower level clerical or administrative staff.
- Typically supports one or more managers and/or staff in a department or administrative unit, or may support multiple departments.