Occidental Petroleum Corporation is an international oil and gas exploration and production company with a subsidiary (OxyChem) that is a major North American chemical manufacturer. As one of the largest oil and gas companies in the U.S., we continually strive to be one of the best in the business.
Our greatest asset has been, and will continue to be, our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Crude Oil Driver within our Truck Operations group based in Carlsbad, New Mexico.
- Drive crude oil from field to pipeline injection points;
- Accurate measurement of crude oil using API gauging and sampling standards;
- Maintain vehicle to comply with all D.O.T. regulations;
- Routine preventive maintenance on equipment;
- Comply with all DOT guidelines and all company safety rules, policies and procedures;
- Provide high level of service to customers;
- Strong commitment to safe, accurate and timely performance of duties;
- Represent Occidental Energy Transportation (OET) with professionalism;
- Basic computer experience including using Handheld/onboard computer use;
- Straight day/Straight night, 60 hour work week;
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED;
- 21 years of age or older;
- Class A CDL with tanker and hazmat endorsements;
- Minimum of one and a half (1.5) years of verifiable tractor-trailer experience or a graduate of an accredited truck driving school;
- Able to read, write, and speak the English language;
- Clean driving record:
- Must not have tested positive or refused a test for a controlled substance while in a DOT regulated industry;
- No violations of ANY DOT Drug/Alcohol regulations EVER;
- No alcohol related suspensions/revocations in the last 5 years;
- No more than 2 moving violations in the last 3 years;
- No DWI/DUI convictions in the last 5 years;
- No DWI/DUI conviction in a commercial motor vehicle EVER;
- No more than 1 preventable accident in the last 3 years;
- No more than 1 suspension/revocation (non-alcohol related) in the last 3 years;
- Able to pass background check pursuant to local, state, and federal rules regarding transportation of hazardous materials;
- Pass OET D.O.T. physical, respirator clearance, and drug screen.
- Must be able to walk, bend, reach, push, pull, stoop, squat, grasp, lift, climb ladders, and handle heavy equipment:
- Operate a dedicated crude oil tractor-trailer unit;
- Connect & disconnect hoses required to load and unload crude oil; Hooking and dropping process of tractor/trailer combinations;
- Handling a crude oil work tray and be required to carry it up tank ladders, up to 20 ft tall;
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull 50 lbs;
- Must be able to wear all required PPE: hard hat, safety glasses, fire resistant clothing, steel toed shoes, chemical resistant gloves and full face air line respirator.
- Ability to use hydrogen sulfide personal detectors and respond to hydrogen sulfide environments;
- Safe use of respiratory protection in Hydrogen Sulfide environments;
- Work alone in remote areas outside in all environmental conditions.
- Crude oil, hazmat, or significant tractor-trailer experience;
- Experience with basic computer skills.
Occidental Petroleum - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company — one of the largest...