Fitness and Facilities Technician
Town Sports International is one of the largest owners and operators of health and fitness clubs in the Northeast and Mid Atlantic, operating under the brand names New York Sports Clubs, Boston Sports Clubs, Washington Sports Clubs and Philadelphia Sports Clubs.
The Fitness and Facilities Technician plays a critical role in TSI’s success by performing repairs at various TSI facilities. This role helps create a great environment for our members by maintaining and repairing carpentry, drywall, flooring, masonry, electrical, plumbing, fitness equipment and personnel viewing systems, in addition to the general upkeep of individual locations.
Key Job Responsibilities :
The responsibilities of the Fitness and Facilities Technician will include, but is not limited to:
- Repairs, maintenance and minor construction projects
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain fitness equipment to ensure that all are working consistently
- Ability and knowledge in the use of all tools, equipment, and material used for repairs
- Respond to all service requests in dedicated locations, and deliver results based on the assigned timetable for repairs
- Demonstrated ability to manage timetables and meet deadlines
- Flexible work schedule allowing for immediate responses to facilities emergencies
- Strong track record of meeting and exceeding customer needs
- Welcomes opportunities to learn new things
- Skills in basic carpentry, drywall, flooring, electrical, and plumbing developed through 1-3 years on-the-job experience
- Skills with basic electronics and machinery repair and maintenance, such as fitness equipment, developed through 1-3 years on-the-job experience
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Working knowledge of computers
Physical and other requirements :
- Capable of handling/moving equipment in excess of 100 lbs.
- Must have valid driver’s license
Town Sports International - 19 months ago
Town Sports International Holdings, Inc. (TSI Holdings) is an operator of fitness clubs in the northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions of the...