As a Director of Network Systems and Security, you will plan, organize and direct the integrity and security of the Health System's enterprise information network, systems and documentation.
- Ensures managerial oversight of applicable information security design inclusion within all new and existing Health System computing environments.
- Directs Security Team on the composition and document life-cycle maintenance of application/system specific security hardening guidelines.
- Responsible for ensuring HIPAA compliancy of applicable enterprise and departmental applications.
- Directs security operational responsibility of the enterprise network infrastructure to ensure HIPAA compliance.
- Develops and enforces security policies pertaining to the use of the health system computing and telecommunications network.
- Develops and enforces security operational procedures and practices within all health system computing environments.
- Responsible for oversight of the development and implementation of an enterprise disaster recovery plan.
- Responsible for coordination with Corporate Security and public law enforcement agencies in conducting internal investigations pertaining but not limited to patient and employee privacy and safety.
- Prepares recommendations for security enhancements and upgrades to Health System IS infrastructure.
- Maintains standards, risk assessments, documentation and procedures related to security for the Information Services Production, Business Continuity, and Disaster Recovery environments.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required. Knowledge of Computer Science or related field (s) typically acquired through the completion of a Bachelor's Degree.
- Minimum of four (4) security related certifications.
- Minimum of five (5) years related experience including at least two (2) years healthcare and HIPPA Security Regulatory Compliance experience.
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals
Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.
North Shore-LIJ Health System - 22 months ago
One of the nation's largest health systems, North Shore-LIJ delivers world-class clinical care throughout the New York metropolitan area,...