I. The Database Developer is primarily responsible for the development and management of the reporting repository. This includes evaluation of new technologies, performance tuning, new content integration, and feature/function enhancement.
II. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Adheres to and supports the mission, purpose, philosophy, objectives, policies and procedures of the business
2. Manages the technical development and maintenance and architecture of the reporting repository. Includes working with business analysts to specify data needs and availability of source data and working with internal/external developers to implement design specifications.
3. Maintain current level of proficiency for relational database management systems used bythe business, primarily Microsoft SQL Server, integration and data transformation tools used including SSIS,SSRS).
4. Establish and maintain database design standards and best practices. Reviews, coordinates, approves and implements database changes to ensure high performance.
5. Resolve database-related technical conflicts across applications and participate in analysis and resolution of software/database problems by providing technical support to help desk-related issues.
6. Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on business engagements.
7. Establish and maintain backup and disaster recovery plans for databases and work with the Infrastructure team to ensure backup and disaster recovery plans are implemented and tested on a regular basis.
III. MINIMAL QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
1. Education: Bachelors degree in Management Information Science, Computer Sciences or Business. MBA preferred.
2. Experience: 5-7 years experience.
3. Skills & Abilities: Expert in Microsoft SQL 2008 (including t-sql, stored procedures, triggers and functions). Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services. SFTP. Strong MS Office skills required. Must be detail oriented and have a commitment to quality. Demonstrated success at building team relationships and partnerships across organizational lines. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects going on at the same time. Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services skills a plus.
4. Knowledge: Exposure to clinical data analysis and healthcare provider processes a significant plus. Solid knowledge and experience with relational database management, data warehousing and business intelligence. Working knowledge of creating Entity Relationship (ER) diagrams and Data Flow Diagrams (DFD). Experience in designing data warehousing databases and detailed practical knowledge of proper database normalization. Thorough understanding of application development methodologies. Knowledge of QRDA, MS SharePoint, and XML a definite plus.
Kamis - 17 months ago