We are currently seeking motivated individuals with a commitment to excellence to work as interviewers on a national study about the consumption of energy by nonresidential buildings. Interviewers will locate sampled buildings, identify the best respondent for the interview, and conduct computer-assisted personal interviewing (CAPI) and computer-assisted telephone interviewing (CATI) in an efficient and professional manner. The study is being conducted for the Energy Information Administration, part of the U.S. Department of Energy.
• Be able and willing to work at least 25 hours per week, mostly Monday-Friday during normal business hours;
• Be able to lift and carry up to 20 pounds, which includes a laptop and interviewing materials, and can climb stairs if needed with or without reasonable accommodations;
• Be able to read and interpret maps;
• Have at least 1 year of work experience and strong attention to detail and accuracy;
• Be able to travel to nearby cities (up to 100 miles away) if necessary;
• Have a valid (current) driver’s license that is not under suspension and regular access to an insured, reliable vehicle;
• Be available to attend an out-of-town paid training for 6 days in early- to mid-April 2013; and
• Be willing to drive to the following counties: Jackson, Lawrence, and Scioto.
U.S. citizenship is required for this position.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon receipt of acceptable results from a background screening based on the specific position which will include, at a minimum, criminal records history.
Previous interviewing or public contact experience is preferred. Work will begin in mid-April and continue through mid-September 2013. This is a part-time, nonexempt position with limited benefits. Pay rate is based on area of residency and relevant experience. Working on this study can be a fascinating, rewarding experience. If you are a reliable self-starter and have a minimum high school diploma or GED, this position may be right for you.
WESTAT - 14 months ago
Survey the market research business, and you'll find Westat among the leaders of the pack. A statistical survey organization, the...