Customer Engineer 2
TITLE: Customer Engineer (II)
LOCATION: 106 – Bronx/Westchester, New York
About NCR Corporation NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a global technology company leading how the world connects, interacts and transacts with business. NCR’s assisted- and self-service solutions and comprehensive support services address the needs of retail, financial, travel, healthcare, hospitality, entertainment, gaming and public sector organizations in more than 100 countries. NCR (www.ncr.com) is headquartered in Duluth, Georgia.
POSITION SUMMARY & KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
• Position responsible for providing installation, maintenance and repairs on equipment within an assigned territory/region to assure continuity of customer operations and high levels of customer satisfaction
• Perform Tier II work on products and services of medium-high complexity; Tier II products include large servers and mainframe computers and peripherals, large system printers and plotters, enterprise level servers, networks and software, item processing reader/sorters and networking issues on imaging systems, medium/high complexity networking/communications equipment, network and systems management/protocols (Ethernet, Token-Ring, StarLAN, NetBIOS, X.25)
• Primary services include hardware maintenance, installation, network management, multi-vendor maintenance and software support
• Provide installation, maintenance and repairs on ATM (second line maintenance) and/or POS (Point of Sale) equipment and other electromechanical equipment at various locations within an assigned territory/region
• Provide continuity of customer operations and high levels of customer satisfaction; Manage customer incidents as assigned; Build working relationships with customers and develop informal communication channels with customer account at the local level
• Responsible for ownership of all customer issues/needs that are voiced or observed and acts appropriately; May provide support to Associate Customer Engineer and/or Service; Representative/Service Technician Tech when necessary
• Understand and perform the various customer Service Level Agreement (SLA) requirements and elevate or escalate issues when appropriate, and/or according to established procedures
• Represent NCR in a manner that reflects positively on the image and reputation of the company
• Verify that the site environment meets the requirements prior to installation or rollout; Install customer systems according to the installation plan, certify that the installation or setup of the product meets the customer's requirements
• Analyze and correct all technical problems on equipment within assigned customer accounts; Perform periodic preventive maintenance routines on products and installs modifications to equipment; Perform overhauls and maintenance repair as a matter of routine; May also perform required modular swaps and unit replacements or perform preventative maintenance services
• Respond to a customer call, which will include problem identification, escalation and resolution of operating system software problems; Responsible to keep customer informed during the problem resolution process; Perform service verification and customer satisfaction surveys relating to the situation
• Responsible for network fault management, assists in the performance management on traffic, configuration management, security management, software management, accounting management and remote system management
• Responsible for the prompt completion and accuracy of all administrative functions, including assisting in producing, installing modifications and/or upgrades, updating the customer on activities and updating any needed databases
• Sell supplies, low-end equipment, OEM products as well as NCR maintenance contracts for basic and/or extended service; Insures accurate charging for all billable services
• May be dispatched daily on a call-by-call basis or may establish his/her own daily schedule on the basis of automated reports; Conducts work at customer site(s), local NCR offices, or in a virtual environment
• May require prolonged travel, carrying and lifting tool kit/parts of varying weights (1- 50 lbs.); May require bending/squatting, walking/standing /sitting for prolonged periods; Exposure to enclosed spaces, dust, drafts, and damp areas
• Responsible for accurate and prompt reporting of calls and activity, as well as other reporting as required; Responsible for tracking and reporting all expenses incurred in the delivery of services, including telephone, private automobile, and/or public transportation
• Responsible for capturing detailed customer asset information and other data required to complete any invoicing or billing activities
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma or equivalent 1-3 years of related experience A+ Certification Personal computer skills (Microsoft Operating Systems and Associated Office Suite Components), tools, and basic electronic skills; Specific hardware and operating system knowledge on assigned products Systems Architecture (e.g., Client/server architecture, Web based systems) Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, overtime, flex shifts and on-call Database management systems (e.g., SQL interfaces, remote data) Network and systems management systems/protocols (e.g., Ethernet, SNA, WAN) PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Associate’s Degree preferred 3+ years of related experience
EEO Statement Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, culture and physical ability. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Americas-United States-New York-New Rochelle
Americas-United States-New York-Yonkers, Americas-United States-New York-Yorktown Heights, Americas-United States-New York-White Plains
Feb 18, 2013, 12:00:00 AM
NCR - 13 months ago
Want to find NCR? Follow the money. Born during the waning days of the Wild West as National Cash Register, NCR is a leading maker of ATMs....