System Administrator - Any combination of platforms (Windows, Unix, and/or Linux)
Why work at Dell? The focus in Dell for our team members is very much on creating an environment where every individual can be their best and do their best work in service of our customers. Our philosophy toward people is to "build enduring relationships with team members everywhere."
As an Systems Admin, you will perform installations, customization and maintenance of the operating system and system software products in support of business processing requirements. You will evaluate and integrate new operating system versions, drivers and hardware. You will provide technical expertise for system transitions, migrations and consolidations.
- Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum performance levels in standalone and multi-tiered environments.
- Conducts system analysis, configuration management and develops improvements for system software performance, availability and reliability.
- Performs incident resolution, problem determination and root cause analysis in accordance with Service Level Agreements.
- Designs, develops, recommends and implements new or revised system software, utilities and automated processes as necessary.
- Provides in-depth diagnosis for operating systems software/hardware failures and develops solutions.
- Ensures server data integrity by evaluating, implementing and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions.
- Prescribes system backup / disaster recovery procedures and directs recovery operations in the event of destruction of all or part of the operating system or other system components.
System Administrator Requirements
For Windows and Linux:
- 5+ years experience maintaining/supporting Windows Server Administration (NT, 2000, 2003, 2008) OR Unix Systems Administration (Linux, Solaris, AIX, etc)
- Solid working experience with Active Directory 2000/2003 for Windows OR with RedHat Linux for Unix positions
- Networking (TCP/IP, WINS, DNS, DHCP) for Windows
- Knowledge of Threat Management Gateway (TMG)
For Solaris and Linux:
- Recent experience with Solaris versions 8, 9 & 10 and RHEL version 4.x, 5.x and 6.x.
- Extensive experience with Solaris Zones, ZFS, Oracle Linux, Linux LVM
- Redhat Cluster Server
- Cluster Knowledge
- Solaris 10/RHEL 5.x
- Extensive experience with Oracle RAC Cluster and Sun Clusters
- DNS, FLAR creation, live upgrades, patching.
- 4 year College degree preferred
- Minimum Certifications or Professional Credentials Certifications or Professional Credentials MCSE - Windows 2000-2003 or RHEL/RHEC preferred
- Virtualization technology (VMware, MS Virtual Server, Citrix)
-Opportunity to work with a strong brand at one of the world's largest IT solutions providers
-Dynamic, challenging, international work environment
-A team with a high level of energy, integrity and motivation to win
-Exciting internal career opportunities
-A commitment to diversity and inclusion
-Competitive compensation including bonus plans & a great benefit package
-An individual professional development plan
About Dell Inc.:
Want to work in an environment where each day is focused on delivering solutions that make a real difference in people’s lives? Where teams are constantly curious and different perspectives and experiences are valued?
At Dell, we believe technology is essential for human success and that it should be accessible to everyone. We are constantly evolving to better serve our customers, seize new opportunities and drive growth. Together we can change the world. Come join us.
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...