We are seeking a RN for Surgical Services to scrub and circulate.
Assists the health care team in maintaining an efficient surgical unit through organization and communication of support data. Assures optimal patient care. All job duties are performed in a manner that demonstrates the PeaceHealth values of caring, respect and professional excellence toward patients, families, volunteers, physicians and co-workers.
1. Education: Graduate of an accredited Nursing Program.
2. Licensure: Licensed in State of Alaska and current
3. Certification: BLS, ACLS, and PALS certified for PACU/ACU RN. BLS, ACLS, PALS certified for OR RN. Prefer CNOR.
4. Experience: A minimum of two years experience as a Staff RN. Experience with administering conscious sedation. Must be proficient in scrubbing and circulating and must be competent in PACU. The ability to work in an intermittently fast pace, high volume environment is required. Commensurate with educational preparation demonstrates knowledge of and ability to apply age-specific principles of growth and developtment and life stages to meet each patient's needs for nursing care.
5. Interpersonal: Have a cooperative working attitude, leadership skills, interpersonal skills, and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of patients, families and staff. Needs to be well organized, flexible and able to function independently. Demonstrates a courteous, caring and understanding attitude towards patients, families, co-workers, visitors, physicians and volunteers. And work efficiently and responsibly in an environment with multiple work demands and short time frames.
6. Physical: Must be able to: tolerate long periods of sitting, walking or standing. Communicate verbally with individuals in person or on the telephone, read and write text, solve complex problems, respond quickly to department or hospital emergencies. Must be able to bend, stoop and lift equipment and supplies weighing between 25 and 50 pounds, transport stretchers and hospital beds with the weigh of patients, assist staff in transporting, lifting and repositioning patients and or equipment. Must be able to demonstrate manual dexterity.
* Delegates, prioritizes, requests and accepts guidance and assistance from others to assure delivery of care in a safe and timely manner. Identifies problem solving situations, and when to ask for assistance. Communicates patient related concerns to appropriate staff and or supervisors. Work within the licensing scope of practice.
* Develops and implements patient specific care plans as required by unit. Addresses age-specific needs of individual patients. Maintains multi-disciplinary communication to provide high-quality patient care. Meets all competency requirements on all perioperative unit-specific competency checklists.
* Documents patient care in the patient care plan with accuracy and timeliness to ensure continuity of care.
* Conducts all patient interactions within the guidelines of PeaceHealth mission and philosophy.
* Performs patient education formally and informally, following the unit-specific guidelines.
* Agrees to work assignment adjustments as necessary to achieve efficient and effective unit operation, and enters into a call rotation to provide 24 hour care when need is required.
* Ability to work in an intermittently fast pace, high volume environment.
* Able to read and interpret; assessments, lab work and diagnostic tests.
* Ensures own professional effectiveness through continuing education and professional development.
* Achieves or progresses towards mutual goals and actions in accordance with performance appraisal and PeaceHealth standards, values and goals.
* Performs all duties in a manner consistent with standards, values and mission of PeaceHealth.
* Works dependably so that a high level of service can be consistently extended to the community, clinics and to other hospital departments.
* RN for Surgical Services to scrub and circulate.
To learn more about PeaceHealth, please visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn !
Please see above.
PeaceHealth - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and...