Boise State University invites interested applicants for a tenure-track position in Mathematics Education at the Assistant or Associate Professor level to become a part of our team to continue our quest toward becoming a Metropolitan Research University of Distinction. We seek a colleague whose research and service interests will have an impact on reforming mathematics education and who is interested in a position that values both teaching and research. The position involves significant collaboration with other faculty and making a commitment to support local teachers.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Teach mathematics courses for prospective teachers (elementary and secondary)
- Teach graduate courses for secondary teachers
- Redesign mathematics courses for Boise State’s UTeach replication program
- Collaborate with faculty in various aspects of the position (teaching, research, and service)
- Conduct research and engage in scholarly activity in mathematics education, including publication
- Doctorate in mathematics education
- Substantial background in mathematics
- Potential for research in K-12 mathematics education, for a position at the assistant professor level
- A strong record of scholarship in mathematics education, for a position at the associate professor level
- K-12 teaching experience
- Success with federally-funded grants
If This Sounds Like the Job for You
Apply online at https://www.mathjobs.org/jobs/jobs/4160 . Please submit a letter of application indicating your interest and qualifications for this position. A current CV, three reference letters, and transcripts are also required. See http://math.boisestate.edu/ for details about the application process.
Questions about the position should be forwarded to:
Dr. Laurie Cavey, Chair
Mathematics Education Search Committee
Search # AS-0010-23
Review of applications will begin November 15, 2012 and will continue until finalists are identified. Applications received after that point may be considered if the position is not filled from the finalist pool.
About the University: http://www.boisestate.edu/
About the City of Boise: http://www.boisechamber.org/
About the Department: http://math.boisestate.edu/
AA/EEO Statement – Boise State University is strongly committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. The University actively encourages applications and nominations of women, persons of color, and members of other underrepresented groups.
Boise State University - 30+ days ago
Boise State is a metropolitan university reflecting the character of Idaho's capital city - a center of business, government, technology, an...