Obtains meal orders from patients and visitors via the telephone
Transcribes meal orders into the system established for menu processing
Generates, organizes, and distributes essential reportscall center reports for Cooks, Room Service Representatives, Call Center Representatives, Managers, and Room Service production techs
Answers the main call center phone (nursing line) and responds to queries and/or concerns as they arise
Ensures that preselect tray tickets are printed and distributed to the kitchen staff at the established meal service time
Appropriately responds to supplement and diet requisitions that print in the Call Center
Inputs nursing notification and food allergies into CBORD according to established procedures
Verifies meal orders meet diet order parameters
Processes diet requisitions
Documents required information efficiently and consistently
Coordinates Call Center processes with Production, Tray Line, and Room Service Representative areas
Mediates and takes ownership of patient concerns regarding meal service, ensuring resolution
Acts as liaison between the Nutrition and Food Service department, the patient and the nursing unit
Demonstrates speed, accuracy and the ability to work calmly under pressure
Anticipates patient/team member needs and services them
Serves as a quality assurance control point for every aspect of the Room Service program
Maintains open communication with Call Center Representatives regarding patient food requirements
Assumes the role of a patient advocate with respect to the Room Service meal delivery system
Demonstrates knowledge of back-up/downtime systems
Performs other duties as requested
- High school or vocationalschool graduate or extensive food service experience in a high service environment. Additionally, prefer college experience.
- Knowledge of food service kitchens, including standards of safety and cleanliness.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills, including the ability to read and understand English. Must be able to comprehend and take appropriate action quickly. Must be able to communicate in written and verbal form with clarity and professionalism.
- Ability to work independently, completing assigned tasks safely and correctly, demonstrating good time management skills.
- Ability to follow through on instructions
- Ability to demonstrate excellent customer service skills, ensuring all actions reflect program’s service goals. Must be able to take initiative and ownership of concerns, following up appropriately.
- Ability to demonstrate commitment to team members and patients through flexibility and strong work ethic.
- Must demonstrate computer literacy, including speed and accuracy and the ability to learn and use new computerized systems.
- Must demonstrate excellent organizational skills, including ability to multi-task effectively, completing all tasks accurately and while maintaining customer service standards.
- Neat, professional appearance
Newton-Wellesley Hospital - 2 years ago