The role is broadly understood as "Data Architect".
We hope you are reading this because you are already an accomplished professional but something is missing in your career. Let’s get a few big “ifs” out of the way so you can decide if Aginity might be the answer to your question: “Where do I next take my career”?
…then we should talk because we are doing uncommonly interesting big data work in the customer intelligence & predictive analytics space. Fear not for you will not be stuck in the engine room doing long-term (and mindless) support of legacy systems.
- If data makes you tick…like a precision-engineered clock…
- If building 'big data' intellectual property is a rewarding "next step"...
- If you have an excellent academic and professional experience pedigree…
- If you are inquisitive, self-demanding, and ambitious...
The Data Architect moves deftly between the business and technical with skills in dimensional and relational modeling, data warehousing, SQL development, and business analysis supported by a superior client-facing presence. A plus is a background in Customer Database Marketing / Customer Intelligence, whether that involves traditional like catalog & snail mail or digital channels like search, display, social, email or SMS. While these are the immediate needs, expect to massively grow your skills no matter what level you enter our company.
Client-facing and Project Management Skills like: • Client-facing data warehouse consulting experience
• Engagement management
• Roadmap development and strategic planning
• Formal project management tools and skills
• Driving SOW’s to completion
• Waterfall, SCRUM, and Agile methodology expertise
Functional Knowledge like: • Business intelligence reporting
• Email marketing
• Campaign management
• Advanced data analytics
• ETL design
• Market segmentation
• Database / direct marketing
• Behavioral analytics
• Conceptual, logical, physical data modeling
• Database design and SQL coding - the junior person does more of this, the senior less.
• Data integration
Experience with ETL Tools like: • MS Integration Services
Data Warehouse Construction Skills like: • Has a BI workshop execution toolkit
• Understands KPIs and a common set of measures/metrics
• Can design and optimize star and snowflake schemas
• Understands when to use surrogate keys
• Data quality, Data profiling, Data analytics
• Slowly changing dimensions
Some Experience in 3G Development Tools like: • .NET / C# / Java
• Java Script / Ajax / HTML
Additional Knowledge and Skill Attributes like: • Know the difference between ELT and ETL
• Can describe a star schema
• Know who Kimball and Inmon are and why they matter
• OLAP / MOLAP / ROLAP
• SQL Integration Server
• Pentaho Kettle
• Oracle RAC
You May Have Held Titles like: • Business Analyst
• Business Systems Analyst
• Business Solutions Architect
• Business Solutions Analyst
• Technical Manager
• Data Architect
• Business Intelligence Analyst
• Data Solutions Analyst
• Database Analyst
• Data Warehouse Analyst
• Solutions Consultant
• Data Warehouse Architect
• Database Developer