APS-ARTI LLC. (AAJV) is currently recruiting for a RISC Coordinator (Security Manager I) in support of a contract with the Department of State at our Rosslyn, VA location. Position is full-time, exempt. Start date is immediate upon award of delivery order and security clearance processing as required.
The Overseas Security Advisory Council (OSAC) is a Federal Advisory Committee with a U.S. Government Charter to promote security cooperation between American business and private sector interests worldwide and the U.S. Department of State. Selected candidate will provide support services to satisfy the overall operational objectives of the Research and Information Support Center (RISC). The primary objective is to provide services through performance of managing security projects with the purpose of providing security and threat related information, analysis and advice on overseas security mat¬ters to U.S. private sector companies and organizations operating abroad and Americans living or traveling overseas.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage security projects within assigned area of responsibility.
• Develop, prepare and forward responses to written or telephonic queries, questions and requests for overseas security information from OSAC members and over 4,600 OSAC constituent organizations including U.S. corporations, educational institutions, faith-¬based and non-governmental organizations.
• Maintain a working dialogue on international security matters with appropriate officials of the State Department's regional/functional bureaus, Foreign Service posts, private sec¬tor organizations and security professionals, and over 100 OSAC Country Councils around the world.
• Perform research and produce timely information briefs and other analytical products for presentation to senior U.S. government officials and groups, private sector officials and groups, and OSAC Country Councils. Conduct security and threat related informa¬tion briefings to senior U.S. government officials and groups, private sector officials and groups, and supports OSAC Country Councils. As required, coordinate OSAC related ac¬tivities and provide professional presentations to the OSAC Executive Council and Committees.
• Scan and assess various public and private information sources including DOS telegrams and news media for relevancy as potential sources of OSAC website material. Evaluate information retrieved from such sources for applicability and relevancy to the website program and, as appropriate, include the information in website reports and for other pur¬poses, as directed by the COR.
• Participate in the training of website users and, as appropriate, recommend improve¬ments, revisions and changes to training methods and techniques.
• Manage Country Council operations, coordinate meetings and develop agendas, and interact with Government and pri¬vate sector representatives to promote the goals, objectives and mission of OSAC, the OSAC website and other project related activities. Conduct briefings for selected groups on the workings of OSAC and OSAC Research and Information Support Center.
• Up to 20-30% worldwide travel required.
• Undergraduate degree in an associated technical, security or management discipline; preferably Political Science, International Affairs, International Law, International Economics, Government or a related field of study. A minimum of 6 years related specialized security experience. With a Graduate degree, must have a minimum of 4 years of related security experience.
• Related security experience includes security policy and standard development, security related risk analysis and scheduling, logistics, budget analysis, project management planning responsibilities. Experience with applicable security requirements and practices in the civilian sector of the Federal government. Must have demonstrated experience consistent with security principles and best practices with applicable Federal regulations and guidelines.
• Two (2) years direct government contracting experience at task/project management level desired.
• 1-2 years of specialized experience and a demonstrated record of achievement in the fields of foreign affairs/international relations.
• Experience in the collection, analysis and dissemination of foreign affairs/international relations information
• Must be able to travel to any region of the world, as needed.
• Must demonstrate the ability to work independently and as a member of the team.
• Ability to effectively interact with personnel at all levels in a dynamic work environment is required.
Mandatory Requirement: Applicants selected for this position may be subject to a Government Security Investigation and must meet eligibility for access to classified information, Top Secret/SCI clearance level.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and salary requirements. Our preferred method for receiving your resume is to apply on-line. Apply On-line at: http://www.aajv.com/careers
Attn: Recruiter, AAJV-13-005A
1555 King Street, Suite #500
Alexandria, VA 22314
Fax: (703) 682-4825
AAJV is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer AA/M/F/V/D, and member of DHS E-Verify Program
AAJV - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard