Sapling Learning has immediate, contract openings for Astronomy Content Authors to create questions for our new astronomy product.
· Writing clear questions and solutions of varying difficulties, which test students understanding and application of fundamental astronomical concepts
· Authoring hints, solutions, and feedback that provide insightful diagnosis of student mistakes and misconceptions that are designed to coach students toward mastery
· Inputting the questions, hints, solutions and feedback into the software
· Reviewing and revising the questions
15 hours per week commitment
This position can be completed remotely
Please complete the application, include hourly rate and upload your resume.
Sapling Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of services.
· Experience teaching Introductory Astronomy to non-majors as an instructor or TA, including experience writing original homework and/or test questions
· Strong computer skills and the ability to learn new systems quickly
· Excellent written communication skills
· Must have at least 10 - 15 hours per week to dedicate to creating content
M.S. or Ph.D. in Astronomy or Physics (Ph.D in progress does qualify)