The primary purpose of this position is to direct stores to operate in an efficient manner, adhering to company policies, procedures and programs that maximize potential sales, script growth, margin and profitability. Frequent independent judgments are essential. The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws.
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Supervise Pharmacy Managers to operate an efficient pharmacy and execute against the district/company business plans/objectives to achieve sales, script growth, margin and profitability and hold entire team accountable.
- Lead in providing excellent customer service.
- Conduct frequent store visits and complete tour sheets to ensure stores are in compliance with will-call, deletes, workflow, replenishment, inventory control, DEA controls and overall company standards of operation in the pharmacy.
- Demonstrate SMILE and RAPTAR behaviors to both internal and external customers and associates.
- Participate in the planning and development of district retail budgets including sales, script growth, margin, labor and expenses and overall P&L results monthly to ensure operating income and EBITDA are achieved.
- Ensure all pharmacists are actively building profitable sales and script growth through Clinical Services. Including but not limited to Immunizations, MTM (Medication Therapy Management), and Diabetes Specialist.
- Assure all pharmacists and pharmacy technician execute all company initiatives.
- Provide leadership and development for associates by communicating career opportunities, providing regular performance feedback, and scheduling any and all required training.
- Use key performance indicators to monitor and improve customer satisfaction, quality assurance, and workflow standards in the pharmacy.
- Execute WFMS in the pharmacy to ensure that labor is planned for customer service and completing operating activities while achieving labor budget.
- Drive training and development of Pharmacy Managers, Pharmacists, Pharmacy Interns, Pharmacy Technicians and ancillary personnel.
- Partner with Loss Prevention Manager to monitor and maintain proper compliance with all federal/state regulations including DEA, HIPAA, CIA, etc, and resolve any issues with noncompliance implementation or training required to bring store/individual into compliance.
- Participate in the recruitment, selection, hiring, placement of Pharmacists and promote and place associates in positions for long term career development.
- Participate in developing district succession plans for all key pharmacy positions with the District Manager.
- Ensure customer service programs are properly implemented and adhered to in order to guarantee a high level of customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Execute all corporate marketing, merchandise, and operations programs to drive sales, script growth, and profits in all stores within the district.
- Meet with District Manager to address ongoing operations and drive accountability with pharmacy and store management for profitability.
- Liaison for store/pharmacy management teams and the corporate office providing direction and urgency to execute on company objectives and programs.
- Conduct annual and ongoing performance appraisals for Pharmacy Managers and Pharmacists. Provide performance input for Store Managers, Assistant Store Management, Shift Supervisors, and all pharmacy ancillary personnel ensuring all ADP’s are executed and progressive counseling occurs where necessary.
- Direct activities associated with remodels, resets, and script acquisitions with the District Manager.
- Drive script growth or protect market share from competitive openings with the District Manager.
- Maintain communication with professional, civic, and governmental organizations.
- Adhere to all FSLA laws, regulatory compliance, and OSHA requirements.
This position directly supervises Pharmacy Managers and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Rite Aid policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training, directing, rewarding, and disciplining associates; appraising associate performance; and resolving complaints.
Experience / Requirements:
- Minimum age of 21 years old.
- Ability to pass drug test.
- Committed to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel welcome, important, and appreciated.
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
- Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to work weekends on a frequent basis.
- Ability to work extended days on a frequent basis.
- Ability to work day or evening hours.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects.
- Familiarity with industry/technical terms and processes
- Ability to work within strict time frames and resolute deadlines.
- Completion of required HIPAA and CIA training.
Bachelor's degree (BS), Doctoral degree (PHARM.D.) or equivalent, plus a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in management and pharmacy operations and Immunization Certification through an accredited organization (i.e. APhA); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Apply for this job:
Apply for this job online
Refer a friend to this job
Rite Aid is an Equal Opportunity Employer
RiteAid.com - 2 years ago
Rite Aid Corporation is also proud to be one of the nation's leading drugstore chains. With approximately 4,600 stores in 31 states and the...