This position follows clearly detail specific procedures in completing several repetitive clerical steps performed in a prescribed or slightly varied sequence, such as coding and filing documents in an extensive alphabetical file; could involve simple posting to individual accounts, opening mail, calculating and posting charges to departmental accounts, operating basic office equipment, e.g., photocopier, facsimile, multi-line phone/voicemail systems, mailing machines, and minimal computer programs. Little or no subject-matter knowledge is required, but the clerk uses his or her own judgment in choosing the proper procedure for each task. Will perform other duties as assigned.
The GC1 performs services as they relate to document conversion, document destruction, records management and storage and mailroom functions.
Essential Job Functions
• Understand and follow Standard Operating Procedures
• Document scanning
• Transfers in/out files
• Physical interfiling
• Perform basic computer work
• Process requests for files
• Batch audit
• Electronic merging of files
• Loads and unloads boxes of files from trucks and shelving
• Position requires ability to lift objects weighing up to 40 pounds repetitively
• Position requires ability to push/pull, transport objects using assistive equipment on a repetitive basis.
• Must be able to bend, stoop, climb ladders, reach, use repetitive hand/wrist motions, withstand heights, stand/sit for prolonged periods, and assist with unloading and receiving inventory
• Must have mental ability to concentrate on fine detail such as daily report conciliation
• Must have visual ability to see objects closely as in reading and use of computer monitor
• Must have ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
• Abides by all company safety regulations
• Other duties as assigned
Written Communications Skills Interpersonal Communication
Oral Communication Skills Keyboard Skills
Organization and Planning Skills Reading Skills
Time Management Skills
This is a public trust position. Minimum qualification/requirements include:
• High School Diploma or GED
• Be able to pass pre-employment drug screen
• Be able to pass government background security clearance check (includes a credit check), as needed
• Be a U.S. Citizen
• Be 18 years of age or older
• Two (2) years of work experience, one of which must be specialized.
• Regular and punctual attendance is required
• Use of close and color vision
Lift 40 lbs.
Use of close and color vision
Summit Technical Solutions - 13 months ago