Define scope and manage implementation project through to on-time and on-budget delivery of clinical software solution. Plan, direct and execute aspects of complex projects according to Project Management Institute (PMI) guidelines. Acquire resources and coordinate the efforts of team members, third-party contractors, consultants and Corizon clients in order to deliver implementation projects according to defined scope, quality, time, and cost constraints established.
- Direct and manage full implementation project lifecycle--initiation, planning, executing, controlling and closure-- from beginning to end.
- Develop project initiation deliverables including feasibility studies, risk assessment and mitigation, project initiation reports, staffing, project organization outline, and quality standards and quality control procedures.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Develop detailed project plans and associated communications documents.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liaise with project stakeholders throughout project lifecycle.
- Estimate the resources and identify participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes, where necessary.
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments, if necessary, during project cycle.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Conduct project post analysis and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Assists in business analysis when necessary
- Assist in completion of special projects on as needed basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree IT, Business Administration, and/or Healthcare required
- 1-3 years IT PM experience required, 2 years of healthcare PM experience required, clinical system implementation experience preferred
- MS Office, MS Project, MS Visio, General knowledge in software development methodologies, design and implementation. General understanding of entire software development process including specification, documentation and quality assurance.
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Strong verbal and written and presentation communication skills. Effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to work on extremely complex problems where analysis of situations, data, and/or team members requires an evaluation of intangible variance factors.
- Office environment with travel up to 30% to: correctional facilities, regional offices, and client and/or vendor sites. Subject to on-call or after-hours work to resolve Project problems or meet implementation deadlines.
- Must have and maintain sufficient strength, agility, and endurance to perform during stressful (physical, mental and emotional) situations encountered on the job without compromising your health and well-being or that of your fellow employees. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. The employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel and talk or hear.
Corizon, Inc. - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Prison inmates can't really shop around for health plans, but depending on where they are held, they may have access to Correctional...