Do you want to actually look forward to Monday mornings? You can at Workday! We embody the qualities of a great company, offer world-class products and services, listen to our employees, empower creativity and innovation, and celebrate a job well done. It’s that simple, and has earned us the #1 ranking on 2012 & 2013's “Best Places to Work” surveys (as voted by our own employees).
The senior MySQL DBA will support the Workday application database needs. This role will participate in the database design, implementation, optimization and ongoing management that deliver against strict requirements for functionality, scalability, availability, performance and reliability.
- Provide support for database instances across production and development environments
- Review data manipulations (DML) and data definition (DDL) usage
- Serve in an on-call rotation as an escalation contact for critical database production issues
- Work with developers to design and improve complex SQL queries so they are optimized
- Develop and maintain database monitoring tools and automation systems
- Participates in capacity planning
- Manage replication links between master-slave/master-master to maintain high availability
- Monitor performance and tune databases to optimize for different workloads
- Perform/maintain backups, offsites and restores of MySQL backups
- Provide data warehousing support to data teams
- Maintain documentation and standards on production database environments
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills; ability to take ownership and exercise good judgment
- Strong communicator and works independently, as well as in a team environment
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years administering MySQL Server in a mission critical environment
- Expert at troubleshooting MySQL related issues (lock contention, high load, slow queries, performance, etc) and identifying root causes
- Experience with Nagios, Hyperic, Truesight
- Ability to script using Bash or Perl to automate database activities
- Working understanding with CentOS
Workday - 7 months ago
Workday wants to make every day better for HR and finance professionals. The computer software company makes cloud-based enterprise...