Service Ops Support Manager in Training (SOSMIT)
Would you enjoy a high energy, fast paced career in a challenging and rewarding environment? Are you passionate about coaching and developing associates? Have you been successful creating high performing teams? If so, you may want to know more about the SOSMIT position. We are looking for effective leaders who have a strong ability to influence, motivate and work through their team to accomplish goals.
CarMax offers extensive training for individuals placed into the SOSMIT Trainee Program. Training consists of many components that enable the Trainee to learn the foundation of CarMax’s Service Operations Department. To ensure success, assessments are conducted throughout the training program to measure each participant’s progress. Successful completion of the training program is required to be placed into a management position
The Service Operations Support Manager in Training is accountable for performing the job duties and responsibilities below, which primarily involve managing and leading associates.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
provide exceptional customer service.
- Manage and lead associates to achieve production targets, maintain and control inventory levels, and
personal protective equipment, tools, and chemicals using the supply ordering system
- Communicate expectations and provide feedback to associates
- Participate and make recommendations in the screening/hiring and development of associates
- Maintain key performance measures
- Learn, participate and execute continuous improvement efforts
- Assist with the development and execution of production plans
- Ensure proper inventory levels of all materials and equipment including, but not limited to
prevention, facility maintenance, environmental, health, and safety guidelines
- Provide support to sales, business office and purchasing teams when needed
- Ensure compliance with all aspects of risk management including the administration of loss
- Handle customer concerns in a quick, efficient, and friendly manner
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
- Possess a minimum of 5 years management experience in a complex, fast paced environment
- Work through and manage a team to achieve production goals
- Read, interpret and transcribe data in order to maintain accurate records
- Demonstrate the ability to multi-task
- Speak and listen effectively in dealing with customers/associates, both in person and over the phone
- Demonstrate above average computer skills with a variety of common and proprietary software
- Combination of indoor and outdoor work environment; may include working in noisy situations and/or inclement weather conditions.
- Requires walking or standing for extended periods of time.
- Variety of work schedules with shifts that may include nights, weekends, holiday, and 12-hour days.
- Occasional travel to other work locations
- Follow all CarMax, state and federal policies, rules and regulations, including, but not limited to: O.S.H.A., and EPA, Personal Protective Equipment, proper waste disposal in required areas, attendance, Asset Protection, Integrity and Standards of Professional Appearance
- Satisfactory completion of Entry MAP is required (applicable to internal CarMax associates only).