Seeking a full time experienced candidate to join our team of Unix / Linux professionals in North Atlanta, GA.
The Level 3 HPIT Engineer is responsible for driving technical service resolutions to restore service and maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction by technical and functional support to current ITI/BCS (Business Critical Systems) supported High Availability Disaster Recovery (HADR) Clustered systems. This position is also responsible for providing systems engineering support for HPIT supported UNIX/Linux/ESX servers in the 24X7 BCS Tower.
The L3 Operations team, through the use of alternate shifts, covers their duties 7 days a week from 7 AM CT to 7 PM CT in all three data center locations which include Atlanta, GA, Austin and Houston, TX. The principal duties and responsibilities of each L3 Operations team member include the following:
- To act as a leader and take ownership of all L3 un-assigned tickets working Mission Critical and TOP priority tickets first.
- Act as a mentor to other L3 engineers and develop internal team synergies.
- Act as a material matter expert for all the UNIX/Linux disciplines.
- Assist other team members with both parts and service logistics effort allowing other members to focus on their current repair efforts.
- Perform Hardware break fix repairs and firmware updates where necessary on all supported platforms, which include x86 blades, Itanium blades, RX76xx, RX86XX, and Super Domes 1 & 2 as well as other large systems servers.
- Perform Site to Site failovers for applications configured on HADR clusters monthly as scheduled by the business owners.
- Participate in formal Escalations when required to support the escalation team and as an escalation engineer backup when crisis events occur.
- Participate in approved change requests (RFC’s) spanning Hardware upgrades, application changes and platform changes as documented in the RFC.
- Participate in efforts to support both BCS Tower and HP Company goals.
Education and Experience Required:
A technical Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 6 years related experience or a Master's degree and a minimum of 4 years of experience.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
Minimum 3 - 5 years’ experience with UNIX and/or Linux systems administration (HP-UX experience preferred). Understanding and experience in OS upgrades & installations is a must. Successful candidate should have experience installing, maintaining, and upkeep of enterprise computing systems including their internal components and interfaces. Should have working knowledge of a multi-platform UNIX enterprise environment comprised of HP-UX, Linux, and Solaris. Strong troubleshooting skills necessary to diagnose complex issues and to resolve operational issues using Software and Hardware fault utilities. General Project Management (developing) experience a plus. Customer/ Vendor Management, business analysis with good verbal and written communication skills are a must. Successful candidate must be a self-starter with the ability to work effectively as a member of the team or as an individual contributor when the need arises. Familiarity with Web based Technologies and solid experience in a true Enterprise Environment is expected.
HP - 19 months ago
Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is an American multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, USA...