Bridges Consulting, Inc., located in the Maryland, Washington, DC and Virginia area is a benefits rich company, upholding the philosophy that our employees are the first priority; our culture is very warm and family-oriented. We are looking for a Senior Process Engineer to join our team who fosters the same beliefs and is prepared to become a member of Team BRIDGES. At BRIDGES, we encourage an entrepreneurial spirit, providing quality service to our clients and helping grow our company. This is reflected in our corporate values: Dedication to Customer Satisfaction, Total Respect for Others, Highest Standards of Integrity and Teamwork Dependent.
The successful Senior Process Engineer will coach intelligence community software development technical leaders on mission-criticial projects. In addition, the selected Engineer will be advising software development leads on process requirements to our client's CTO's needs. Also, the Engineer will be collecting process progress metrics which are briefed to the organization's Board of Directors. Additional duties include, but not limited to the following:
Qualifications: The successful Senior Process Engineer must have a Bachelors degree in Engineering (Communications, Computer, or Electrical), Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline with at least 10 years in a technical leadership roles for Government or industry customers or at least 14 years of training and experience can be in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree (at least 50% of this experience shall be in programs with relevance to SIGINT, Communications Systems, and IT). The selected Engineer must have the following experience:
- Ensuring that processes are established and documented to support the application and institutionalization of sound systems and software engineering discipline and continuous process improvement;
- Evaluating system and software engineering processes to address problems of workflows, organization, and planning, and develops appropriate corrective action;
- Developing the plans for process assessments, both informal and formal and leading assessment teams in conducting both formal and informal assessments;
- Assisting teams in understanding and successfully completing Gate activities;
- Analyzing assessment results and making improvement recommendations based on them;
- Ensuring assessment results and recommendations are used as the basis for improvement plans;
- Providing technical leadership, direction, mentorship and high level expertise and guidance to the customer;
- Meeting periodically with the customers to assess PI progress and report findings;
- Evaluating the customers SE/SWE processes to address problems with process work flows, organizational structure and alignment and planning;
- Assisting in defining Process Improvement strategy and lessons learns;
- Acting as SME on interpretation of PI Best Practices;
- Advocating improved quality and productivity through systems and software development processes and methods;
- Conducting training sessions and workshops for Process Improvement activities
Security Clearance Requirements: US Citizen; ACTIVE DoD Clearance with Polygraph (or within the last 24 months)
- Must have at least 5 years specialized experience as a Quality, Systems or Software Engineer in programs that encompassed requirements definition and analysis, design, production, integration, test and transition into operations
- Certifications or qualifications in one or more of the following:
- Completion of SEI-authorized Intermediate CMMI-DEV or beyond
- Certification as a CQA (Certified Quality Analyst), CQE (Certified Quality Engineer), and/or Six-Sigma Black Belt (certifications by ASQ highly preferred)
- Certification as a PMI PMP, PgMP, or OPM3
- Completion of ISO 9001:2000 or 2008 auditor training
- Certification of intermediate level ITIL or beyond
- Specialized experience in one or more of the following
- Leading a process improvement effort using CMM/CMMI (or similar process model)
- Success in achieving Systems Engineering and/or Software Engineering process improvements
- Assessing systems or software processes using an industry-accepted model (such as CMM/CMMI)
- Assessing organizations or projects using an industry-accepted model (such as ISO 9001)
- Advocating improved quality and productivity through systems and software development processes, methods, and tools.
- Performing SCAMPI (Standard CMMI Appraisal Method for Process Improvement) appraisals either as a team member or lead appraiser.
- Working experience in an Intelligence Community environment is desirable. It is highly desirable for this individual to have participated in projects/programs that involved multiple activities and multiple vendors, large systems engineering efforts, and management and evaluation of business processes and implementation strategies.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint (Must be proficient)
- Experience showing ability to work both independently and as an effective team member
- Experience in planning and organizing
- Excellent communication and customer skills (both verbal and written)
Do you wish you could work with a team that trusts you, that relies upon you for your insight, relishes your analytical depth and is blown away by your productivity and efficiency? How about working for a team that truly recognizes your hard work and commitment? What if every morning when you wake up you could not wait to get to work? What if the variety of work, the range of people, and the personal growth and learning was extraordinary? If this sounds like an unattainable dream job, it's NOT! A few of these star opportunities do occasionally become available to talented individuals - it's rare - but it happens.
EEO/AA Employer, Female, Minority, Vietnam-era Veteran and Disabled candidates are encouraged to apply.
Bridges Consulting, Inc. - 18 months ago