Responsible for supporting the Division Group Controller in accounting/financial management responsibilities that include period and annual report preparation.
Essential Job Functions:
- Capital Appropriation financial review and reanalysis.
- Budgeting, projections, forecasts.
- Special projects, including general accounting review.
- Work across groups on standardization efforts.
- Back up resource – plant Financial Management responsibilities.
- Corporate Manufacturing financial responsibilities that include period and annual report preparation
Some of the Behaviors needed to successfully perform this position are:
- Puts the Customer First - Anticipates customer needs, champions for the customer, acts with customers in mind, exceeds customers’ expectations, gains customers’ trust and respect.
- Communicates effectively and candidly - Communicates clearly and directly, approachable, relates well to others, engages people and helps them understand change, provides and seeks feedback, articulates clearly, actively listens.
- Achieves results through teamwork – Is open to diverse ideas, works inclusively and collaboratively, holds self and others accountable, involves others to accomplish individual and team goals.
- Leads through positive influence – Demonstrates strong character; builds partnerships; models a conscious balance between work and personal life; takes personal responsibility for own development; role models leadership qualities such as motivation, inspiration, passion and trust.
- Coaches and develops others - Develops and cares about associates, builds effective teams, helps people be their best, values and manages diversity, provides candid and constructive feedback.
- Leads change and innovation - Challenges the status quo, embraces technology, puts forward creative ideas, champions and implements process improvements, gathers the ideas of others, demonstrates good judgment about which ideas will work.
- Executes with excellence - Is action oriented, drives for results, sets clear expectations and milestones, reviews progress, acts decisively, solves problems, can be counted on to consistently meet or exceed goals.
- Provides clear and strategic direction - Plans and organizes well, sets a clear and simple course of action, stays focused on the most important priorities, has the ability to visualize and plan for the future, understands the industry and marketplace.
- Safety Awareness - Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
Job Specific Skills:
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills - Having achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- Developing Others – Planning and supporting the development of individuals’ skills and abilities so that they can fulfill current or future job/role responsibilities more effectively.
- Formal Presentation - Presenting ideas effectively to individuals or groups when given time to prepare; delivering presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
- Managing Conflict - Dealing effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
- Negotiation - Effectively exploring alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance.
- Minimum three years of experience.
- Ability to travel independently as needed.
Potential Career Path from this position:
Higher level positions in Corporate Brands & Manufacturing and Corporate Retail Financial Management
It is the policy of The Kroger Co. to provide equal opportunity for all applicants for employment.
Kroger - 14 months ago