Job Summary: |
In accordance with our mission and core values, the certified occupational therapist assistant treats patients with neuro/musculoskeletal movement disorders, following the outlined treatment plan, utilizing knowledge, judgement, and therapeutic skills to return the patient to the highest functional level possible. The COTA functions as a part of the multi disciplinary team treating the patient to meet established goals, following practice guidelines, regulatory standards, and department procedures.
- Understands terminology and interpretation of the evaluation/assessment of the patient completed by the occupational therapist.
- Assesses the patient's general condition prior to each treatment session.
- Suggests re-evaluation of the patient by the therapist if their condition has changed significantly.
- Follows occupational therapy treatment to support the established therapy and patient goals.
- Documents the patient's response to the treatment plan and makes changes as appropriate.
- Revises FIM Score based on the patient’s response to treatment and progress.
- Performs or assist in the therapeutic treatment or procedures according to protocol, standards and department policy.
- Monitors the patient care record for information on the patient's condition, discharge plan and other multi-disciplinary caregiver notes that are pertinent to the ongoing occupational therapy being provided.
: High school diploma required.Experience: Three-month internship, which is part of Occupational Therapy Assisting School program.License/Certification: BLS required. Current state Occupational Therapist Assistant License/CertificationAdditional Responsibilities: â¢ Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times â¢ Adheres to and exhibits our core values: Reverence: Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
Integrity: Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
Compassion: Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
Excellence: Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality. â¢
Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times â¢
Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines â¢
Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team membersâ¢
Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Job Rehabilitation Therapy Services
Primary Location WA-Tacoma-St Joseph Medical Center
* Shift Part Time
* Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period 64
* Weekends Required Occasional
* Status Part Time
St. Francis himself may have hailed from Italy, but his followers look after the health of the residents of the South Puget Sound area...