AirSage Inc., is the world leader in patented technology which turns real-time cell phone signals into meaningful location, movement and traffic data – while protecting privacy. It is the vision of AirSage to grow our leadership position as the trusted third-party clearing house for location data which powers global applications for the wireless and digital content.
Currently AirSage is seeking a Senior Web Services Engineer to help expand and enhance the company's unique product offering.
- Stays abreast of technology from a mobile device, web interface and software perspective.
- Architects, Develops and Guides Company in the use of innovative techniques and methodologies for implementing customer friendly and appealing Web Services Applications in the advancement of AirSage products.
- Serves as lead engineer on development projects determining and documenting the development approach, timeline and resources required for review and approval by management. Monitors and meets company deadlines.
- Creates technical specifications and test plans.
- Develops, designs, codes, tests, and documents new software programs and maintains current programs as needed to support AirSage product platforms.
- Writes operational documentation. Ensures products are well documented for ease on ongoing maintenance.
- Guides other software engineers in the development of AirSage software.
- Works closely with other staff, such as project managers, graphic artists, systems analysts, and sales and marketing professionals
- Consults clients/colleagues concerning the maintenance and performance of software systems and asks questions to obtain information, clarify details and implement information
- Problem-solving and thinking laterally as part of a team, or individually, to meet the needs of the project.
- Participates in university and industry conferences of strategic interest to AirSage.
- Takes an active role in ensuring AirSage developments and IP are patent protected.
Minimum three years of solid web services applications development Five plus years of software engineering experience minimum Experience with wireless carrier networking technology. Proficiency in Java or Python/Django required. Object oriented development is a must. Solid architecture and development in SOAP and REST web services required. Experience with application caching such as memcached or JCS Geographic Information Systems (GIS) development experience Experience and significant comfort level working in a UNIX or Linux environment Experience with Postgresql/mysql along with non-relational databases such as MongoDB/Reddis/Cassandra or similar. A driven, goal-oriented, proactive personality, with an ability to multi-task when needed An ability to work independently, yet still provide regular and insightful communication to upper management · Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interface with customers and personnel at all levels of an organization (both internal and external stakeholders), both verbally and in writing
Ability to work with sensitive and confidential information Ability to thrive in emerging and fast-paced environments Experience with cloud/cluster computing, statistics, large data set modeling, predictive analytics and/or large data set visualization is a desirable Experience with C, C++, and other languages such as PHP, Perl, or Ruby is a plus. Experience with Amazon Web Services a plus Experience with Mobile Development such as Android or Apple is desired but not a requirement Agile development experience
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and demonstrate flexibility in a fast paced environment
Project management certifications or training is encouraged
- Masters Degree in Computer Sciences or Engineering or equivalent preferred (Bachelors + 5 years experience).
Monster - 2 years ago