The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner provides extraordinary care by evaluating and treating patients presenting with psychiatric illness, and providing consultation to primary care physicians. The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner serves an integral role in the development and sustenance of the Mental Health Integration (MHI) program, an internationally recognized program of Intermountain Healthcare. The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner will assist with the diagnosis of mental health and substance abuse problems. They will provide treatment and medication management for patients with mental health conditions. As a part of the MHI team, the NP will also be actively engaged with other MHI team members (care managers, social workers, psychologists and psychiatrists). The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner is a vital part of the MHI team and practices collaboratively with primary care physicians in an effort to improve quality of life for patients and their families, increase patient satisfaction, reduce practice burden, decrease costs to the system, and engage community resources.
This position will practice at Primary Children's Wasatch Canyons Behavioral Health In-Patient unit.
This is a Full-time, day shift position with the ability to cover every other weekend.
- Current Utah APRN licensure with Family Psychiatric Specialty or CNS with ANCC Child/Adolescent psychiatric and mental health certification.
- Eligible for state Controlled Substance License II through V
- Eligible for Federal DEA Certificate II through V
- This position requires verifiable current Healthcare Provider or Professional Rescuer CPR certification. An original card must be verified prior to start date or the job offer will be withdrawn. For additional information regarding CPR requirements please visit our Job Requirements Page .
- Hearing/Listening, Manual Dexterity, Lifting, Pulling/Pushing, Seeing, Speaking
- In-pt psychiatric RN or NP experience
- Pediatric RN or NP experience
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...