ABOUT THE COMPANY:
When it comes to mission-critical wireless communications, TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) ( NASDAQ: TSYS ) solves some of the toughest technical challenges. We produce solutions for communications that demand proven high levels of reliability, security, and availability. Communication solutions such as:
Secure deployable communication systems
Location-based wireless infrastructure and apps
Telematics and navigation
VoIP Enhanced 9-1-1 services (E9-1-1; E1-1-2)
Text messaging infrastructure for wireless operators
Information assurance and cyber-security
Engineered satellite-based services
Professional services for communications solutions
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
TeleCommunication Systems Inc. (TCS) is immediately seeking a Java Software Engineer to assist with the development and deployment of breakthrough requirement for our valued wireless carrier customer. This custom application will ultimately help enterprise customers eliminate the use of pagers and integrate their current legacy systems by providing a conversion mechanism for SMS text messages to replace paging. The requirements are currently being gathered so this is a great time to enter into the development life cycle and add tremendous value as TCS drives this new trend of mobile wireless applications. These applications run on platforms inside a customer’s (service provider’s) wireless network.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer Sciences or related field and 5+ years of application development required.
- Thorough knowledge of UNIX, JAVA and XML required. Middleware and class library experience is essential for this role. Knowledge of telecommunications and wireless paging protocols (TAP, TNPP, SNPP, WCTP) highly desired.
- Experience with networking and UNIX sockets a plus.
- Experience with Oracle is required.
- Strong communication skills required.
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Telecommunication Systems - 21 months ago