ECS Federal is seeking a Software Architect to work in the Columbia, MD area. Position is contingent upon contract award.
ECS Federal seeks qualified candidates to support Direct Quality/Quality of Service-Interactive Voice Response (DQ/QoS-IVR) and Auto-mated Quality of Service Testing Error Log (AQOTEL) tasks and prepare normal schedule monthly updates to the QoS/IVR configuration settings on destinations, create new test-plans and new schedules, and update theatres world-wide.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following tasks:
- Perform system administration archive and backup functions on the Tektronix DQ Servers and Probes.
- Disseminate weekly test-result reports in support of the QoS and Service level testing efforts to the DISA/DSN/NS community of interest and technicians.
- Troubleshoot and debug Telesyncs IP and Modem in VB application, database problems and fix any performance issues.
- Manage, maintain and configure the AQOTEL Automated Testing System stations and databases in support of VN quality of service level automated testing within the Fort Meade MD Test & Engineering Lab.
- Perform backups and transfer backups on external drive for safe keeping.
- Ensure sanity checks are performed manually and the automatic result sets are delivered from AQOTEL and world-wide theaters.
- Monitor space on hard drives for optimal performance for those theaters as well.
- Perform daily checks on Telesync results to ensure continuous operation and verify the archiving of results in a centralized database, and maintain modems for PAC and Europe to ensure optimum performance.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Three to ten (3-10) years experience.
- Ability to obtain and maintain required US Government clearance.
ECS Federal, Inc. is a proud Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. ECS, Inc. embraces diversity by providing equal employment opportunities for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and status as an individual with a disability or protected veteran. ECS, Inc. also maintains a drug-free workplace.
- BS/BA Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Information Systems preferred.
- Active Secret Clearance preferred.
- Experience working with DoD desired
Electronic Consulting Services, Inc. (ECS Federal) is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. Every day, our 1200+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
The programs and missions we support are complex, often unique and they directly affect the everyday lives of Americans within the United States and abroad. ECS takes its mission very seriously and has established a culture built to attract, recognize, retain and manage the very best technology professionals for our projects.
As a mid-sized company ECS Federal enjoys many advantages, we have the experience and resources of a large business along with the focus, agility and innovation of a small business. ECS Federal customers have a very direct relationship with senior managers; as a result, we know what is happening with every one of our projects and customers. This high level of corporate commitment has allowed ECS Federal to experience 10 years of consistent growth without compromising the quality of our solutions and services.
Electronic Consulting Services - 15 months ago