FARO Technologies, Inc. is continuing to develop new products that will revolutionize and disrupt the high-tech measurement and imaging industry. FARO® is the world leader in 3D imaging and measurement systems. We are a global company traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange with a passion for excellence and success. FARO is seeking an Applicactions Engineer for our Customer Service in the ________ area.
If you enjoy providing product training and demonstrations of technical products to customers, we want to speak with you! Must be willing to travel approximately 80% of the work week. A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Aerospace or related Engineering field required is along with an excellent understanding of 2D and 3D CAD modeling.
We have a culture of innovation and an absolute commitment to reliability at all touch points. FARO partners with each customer to simplify their work through innovative measures. We just celebrated our 30 year anniversary by having one of our valued customers, Paul Jr. Designs, build a custom FARO-themed chopper. FARO’s motorcycle build was recently featured on Discovery Channel’s popular television series American Chopper: Senior vs. Junior.
FARO encourages employee success by offering excellent benefits and a variety of career and training opportunities. We are completely focused on simplifying processes through innovation, integrity, teamwork, accountability and a friendly work environment.
From his or her home based office, our Applications Engineer will perform duties to provide technical training support, pre-sale demonstrations and expertise in coordinate measurement to the company’s customers.
1. Establish and maintain credibility as technical subject matter expert and internal technical consultant.
2. Deliver FARO hardware and software training to customers and employees at customer facilities and FARO training sites.
3. Evaluate customer’s basic measurement requirements; identify customer expectations of training; clarify specific learning objectives to achieve customer expectations; in order to adapt standardized FARO hardware and software training to specific customers.
4. Work with customers to ensure effective transfer of learning from the classroom to the work environment.
5. Utilize instructional media, methods, and technologies to effectively manage the learning environment.
6. Implement training assessments to evaluate program effectiveness and recommend improvements.
7. Develop and update curricula, teaching aids and handouts.
8. Use and test demo parts and new processes.
9. Recommend changes to training manuals, quick reference guides, and other technical documentation (method sheets, case applications etc.), in support of internal departments.
10. Respond appropriately fielding technical support/assistance inquiries.
11. Build relationships and contract with internal or external customers to establish expectations of training, discover learning objectives, advocate appropriate customer actions to ensure accomplishment of learning objectives and support customers by implementing training and assist with follow up.
12. Actively seek ways to continuously improve products and services, providing feedback to Product Management.
13. Provide application specific assistance including product demonstrations and support to customers and the Account Managers throughout the lead generation and early sales process.
14. Assist customer in implementing customized FARO measurement solutions for customers’ specific processes and parts.
15. Understand FARO and departmental mission, products, services, key business challenges, and organizational structure. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the profession and industry to effectively use FARO information and resources.
On a regular basis, lifting of average or heavy weight materials over 50 lbs, occasional bending, stooping and upper body & arm rotation, frequent pushing, pulling, sitting, standing and reaching and some climbing.
- BS Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace, or related Engineering field
- Excellent understanding of 2D and 3D CAD
- Ability to read and interpret information from blueprints
- Clear oral/written communications
- Interpersonal and team skills
- Eligible for US employment
- Valid Driver License & Clean Driving Record
- Up to 80% weekday travel
- 1 - 3 yrs experience in Applications Engineering in CAD-based metrology environment
- Experience delivering instructor-led technical training, working with adult learners
- Technical consulting experience
- Metrology and / or imaging applications experience
- Presentation skills
- GD&T experience
FARO Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace with Pre-Employment Drug Screening. EEO/AA/M/F/D/V
- Speak and prepare oral and written communication clearly and effectively, fostering open communication, listen to others, and deliver presentations.
- Act with integrity, demonstrate adaptability, and develop self through learning and feedback.
- Convey a sense of urgency, persistence, and commitment.
- Think strategically, analyze issues, use sound judgment, and innovate.
FARO Technologies - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
FARO is the world’s most trusted source for 3D measurement technology. The Company develops and markets computer-aided measurement and...