An excellent career opportunity is currently available for a Strategy Program Manager in UOP's Gas Processing & Hydrogen (GPH) business based in Des Plaines IL . This position reports to the Director of Strategic Marketing of the Gas Processing and Hydrogen Business and plays a key role in the management of the several related strategic initiatives designed to generate a step-change increase in the Gas Processing and Hydrogen business.
Honeywell Performance Materials and Technology is a global leader in providing customers with high-performance specialty materials, including fluorine products; specialty films and additives; advanced fibers and composites; intermediates; specialty chemicals; electronic materials and chemicals; and technologies and materials for the petroleum refining, natural gas and petrochemical industries.
UOP LLC, headquartered in Des Plaines , Illinois , USA , is a leading international supplier and licensor of process technology, catalysts, adsorbents, process plants, and consulting services to the petroleum refining, petrochemical, and gas processing industries. UOP is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Honeywell International, Inc. and is part of Honeywell's Performance Materials and Technology strategic business group.
This Strategy Program Manager will be responsible for the integration of the several related strategic initiatives of the Gas Processing and Hydrogen Business, ensuring overall strategy implementation goals are met by producing a decision-making capacity is created that cannot be achieved at the individual project level. The Program Manager will work closely with the Gas Processing and Hydrogen Business leadership team as well as leaders of various cross-functional business teams on corporate and business unit projects including strategic planning, growth, sales and marketing functional excellence, New Product Development [NPD], business development, and portfolio assessment initiatives. This manager will:
The successful candidate must have proven success leading strategic planning, growth initiatives, and/or operational enhancement engagements in technology and/or manufacturing driven industries, preferably related to the gas, refining, petrochemical and/or chemical industries.
- Lead the process for developing the STRAP and AOP for the business
- Support GP&H leadership in development of strategy overviews and progress reviews
- Integrate individual strategy implementation projects into an overall strategy program plan
- Continuously test alignment with the GP&H strategy
- Work with other members of the GP&H team to refine and re-work project plans as necessary
- Drive strategy implementation through effective cross-functional relationship building
- Create the structure and practices to guide the GP&H strategy implementation program and provide effective oversight, control, and reporting
- Identify and manage connections and dependencies among the strategy program’s projects
- Identify need for potential interventions when strategic initiatives risk falling behind schedule or not meeting their objectives, assess impact, and propose adjustments
- Coordinate resources required to implement GP&H strategic initiatives
- Assess risks to the GP&H strategy implementation and develop mitigations
- Develop work progress tracking system
- Produce a concise usable view of all program work, timeframes, and progress toward required results
- Champion effective strategy implementation methodologies and communications
The successful candidate must possess proven strategic project and program management, analytical and implementation skills and possess a well developed strategic toolkit [e.g., market definition and sizing, segmentation, value management, VOC, finance/accounting, microeconomics, go-to-market skills]. Experience implementing strategies is also particularly important.
The successful candidate will be expected to be a high-energy, quick thinking, creative, and resourceful manager who demonstrates business savvy and marketing skills and instincts. He/she is highly intelligent and enthusiastic with a commitment to excellence.
Because the strategy needs to be grounded in the realities of the marketplace and operations, it is critical that the successful candidate have had hands-on experience [e.g., plant, engineering, marketing, sales, strategy, etc.], worked in an applied role in a business, or other relevant hands-on experience where significant impact was achieved.
The successful candidate is an excellent broad-based business thinker who can collaborate effectively with peers as well as functional and senior business line leaders.
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, economics or other highly analytical discipline is required
- MBA required
- 5 plus years of marketing experience in business to business (including success leading marketing, strategic planning and implementation initiatives and proven marketing strategic, analytical and implementation skills)
We offer a team oriented environment along with exciting career opportunities and a highly competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Demonstrated strong business acumen with the leadership and functional ability to define and implement growth strategy plans
- Proven capacity to be effective in a complex global business environment
- Proven ability to add value to high-level management interactions
- Proven track record to develop, communicate and create buy-in around business strategies
- Ability to forge solid relationships and influence across a broad and geographically dispersed business
- Strong team player and builder, receptive to ideas from others.
- Excellent project and program management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Organized and able to manage multiple priorities effectively
- Experience with the implementation of growth, new business development and marketing initiatives that lead to stronger market penetration.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce.
Apply to this position at http://www.honeywell.com/careers/jobsearch.html Position number: 00192755 – Strategy Program Manager
Interested in Honeywell but this isn't the right job for you? Join Honeywell's Talent Network to receive updates on other Honeywell employment opportunities, news and more. Click here to sign up: http://careersathoneywell.com/en/Newsletternew.aspx
Honeywell - 23 months ago
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges...