This position is responsible for the upkeep, repair, installations and maintenance projects pertaining to facility structures, equipment and grounds. This position also assists in designated department functions as assigned.
1. Performs general and corrective maintenance in a variety of areas including electrical repairs, plumbing, communication systems and building repairs according to current building codes and hospital standards.
2. Performs preventative maintenance procedures and maintains hospital equipment according to schedules and protocols.
3. Assists in maintaining hospital grounds as assigned.
4. Takes the lead on assigned projects and assures that projects are completed properly, on time and according to budget. Maintains proper documentation for assigned projects.
5. Maintains cleanliness of work area and performs other general maintenance within the guidelines of good safety practices (PPEs, machine guarding, fall protection, LOTO, etc.). Coordinates and performs duties to maintain proper control of facility and grounds which may include snow and ice removal, sanitation and security, providing a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
6. Accountable for clear and effective communication and follow through with staff at all levels regarding issues / concerns to promote professional and efficient resolutions.
7. Assists other engineering and contracted personnel as needed. Performs other job-related duties, which may include but is not limited to: On call duties, event investigation, cross training, proper maintenance of tools and workspace, etc. Maintains proper levels of parts and supplies.
8. Properly prioritizes workloads and manages time effectively with minimal supervision.
Two years experience in general maintenance activities.
Demonstrated working knowledge of electrical, mechanical and plumbing systems, carpentry and general construction.
Demonstrated ability to trouble-shoot and repair a wide variety of equipment.
Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication.
Carrying, Climbing, Crawling, Hearing/Listening, Lifting, Manual Dexterity, Pulling / Pushing, Seeing, Squatting / Kneeling, Standing, Walking
Trade School completion or formal training in construction, electrical, carpentry, or mechanical maintenance.
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare - 19 months ago
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...