Terremark Worldwide is a leading global provider of IT infrastructure services delivered on the industry's most robust and advanced operations platform. Leveraging purpose-built datacenters in the United States, Europe and Latin America and access to massive and diverse network connectivity from more than 160 global carriers, Terremark delivers government, enterprise and Web 2.0 customers a comprehensive suite of managed solutions including managed hosting, colocation, network and security services.
We are looking for a Security Investigations Engineer to join our team in Miami, FL.
You will provide technical expertise in network analysis, working independently and/or with other engineers as part of internal and external Security Groups. Responsibilities include:
- Analyzing real-time and archived intrusion, vulnerability and audit data.
- Network forensics and analysis, helping clients assess, evaluate, and improve the security posture of their information systems environment.
- Familiarity with industry standards in network monitoring and analysis tools that ensure information is protected from internal and external unauthorized access, modification, deletion or disclosure.
- Maintaining awareness of up-to-date network-based threat and vulnerability profiles, including respective countermeasures.
- Protecting client’s information assets by developing new ways to identify network-based risks, threats, and attacks in addition to evaluating security technologies (internal and external) and making appropriate recommendations.
Requirements and Core Competencies
- 5+ years of professional experience in systems and network administration.
- 3+ years of Operating System Administration and/or Security on a combination of systems such as: Linux (Redhat, CentOS, Fedora, Debian, Ubuntu), Microsoft Windows (2000, 2003, Vista, 2008), BSD (FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD), Mac OSX.
- 2+ years experience with a combination of programming languages such as Python, PHP, Perl, ASP, Shell scripting (Bash, TCSH), etc.
- Working knowledge of Patch Management and Information Security concepts.
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals such as: TCP/IP, Routing, Switching, VLANs, Spans.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Certifications are a plus: SANS-GSEC, SANS-GIAC, SANS-GCIH, CISSP.
- Prefer experience with security architecture analysis and design to include application of intrusion detection tools, packet capture tools, network traffic flow (netflow) and security management tools.
What's in it for You?
- Be part of a fun and collaborative work environment where individual initiative is rewarded and encouraged.
- Join a leading company who transforms and secures enterprise-class IT on a global scale.
- Offering competitive compensation and benefits for your expertise.
Does this sound like the perfect job for you? If so, we want to hear from you right away! Apply online or give us a call at 512.394.7156.
Higherout - 20 months ago