Our focus at Blockbuster is providing customers the entertainment they want, how they want it. We still offer movies and games in stores, but also give the choice to rent by mail or order and instantly watch movies right from a computer, mobile phone, Blu-ray player, or HDTV. We are now financially positioned for growth in all business areas. It is an exciting time to join our team!
Our Store Manager's deliver strong financial results and an exceptional customer experience by effectively managing all aspects of store operations, community engagement, hiring and top talent development. As a proactive leader, you will bring a business owner mentality to your role while creating outstanding store performance through influential leadership.
You are responsible for making discretionary decisions involving local marketing, sales initiatives, operational and financial effectiveness, labor scheduling, hiring store employees and performance management. In addition, you will partner with other Blockbuster peers and Regional Sales Manager to consistently drive high performance across the market.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Store Manager models leadership behaviors that help produce engaged employees, delighted customers, operational excellence and outstanding business results.
- Drive Store Revenue and Profitability.
- Develop strategies aligned with organizational priorities to drive enhanced revenue, profitability and performance to budget.
- Create specific short-term and long-term plans to ensure the store consistently meets or exceeds their financial goals.
- Analyze and interpret financial data to ensure an effective store plan is in place that exploits all revenue opportunities, controls costs and maximizes operating margin.
- Ensure all employees understand how their role contributes to the success of the business.
- Deliver exceptional customer service through effective leadership, coaching and by creating a positive and engaging store environment.
- Proactively address potential causes for customer concern.
- Ensure customer issues are handled quickly, with resolutions resulting in high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Protect company assets by ensuring quality of operations, consistency, and compliance with company policies, procedures, and standards.
- Serve as an influential leader and team member and be willing to provide feedback on enhancement opportunities for current programs and share creative ideas for new business to impact initiatives across the district/territory team.
- Demonstrate passion and an interest in learning as it relates to developing new or next generation sales opportunities (ie: enhanced game revenue opportunities, Dish promotions etc.).
- Build and Develop Store Teams. Create a store environment where employees are actively engaged in meeting or exceeding sales objectives and executing key marketing initiatives.
- Recruit and retain top talent through ongoing training and development.
- Create a positive store environment that fosters success and self accountability. Actively manage store employees by providing timely and appropriate feedback concerning performance.
- Consistently provide coaching and direction to help employees identify strengths and areas for improvement.
- Demonstrate leadership courage by holding honest and professional conversations when employees are not performing at the highest levels.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency for improvement.
- Employ communication strategies that ensure employees have a clear understanding of business priorities and their roles and responsibilities in achieving or exceeding them. Accomplish this by providing training, coaching, development, and resources as needed.
- Demonstrated Ability to: Identify, hire, develop and retain outstanding talent. Set high expectations and implement a clear pathway to deliver great performance and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Manage through change while demonstrating an interest and ability to learn new processes, products and technologies. Coach and develop people while maintaining a highly motivated, results oriented work environment. Implement solid budget and financial management.
- Ensure that financial goals and strategies are clearly understood by all store employee
Skills - Experience and Requirements:
Knowledge and Skills:
Demonstrated knowledge of business operations, preferably in a multi-unit retail environment. Strong planning, time management and organizational skills. Strong analytical, numerical, and reasoning abilities. Ability to take data and turn it into specific business impacting actions and solutions. Excellent people management skills. Strong ability to interpret and evaluate written directions and diagrams. Able to work all shifts as scheduled, including weekends and holidays. Strong written and verbal communication skills. General knowledge of Microsoft Office software. Ability to work alone and move throughout the store unassisted for extended periods (up to 12 hours per day). Ability to lift and/or move objects and displays (up to 30 lbs), bend, stoop, reach with arms and hands and climb on ladders. Ability to deliver bank deposits according to Loss Prevention safety guidelines.
High School Diploma or equivalent; some college or Bachelor's degree preferred.
Certifications and Licensure:
Minimum 3 to 5 years retail sales/customer service experience. Minimum 18 months prior supervisory experience.
or - Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience
Blockbuster - 2 years ago