OpenGeo is seeking a sales leader who can help us convert major government agencies and commercial enterprises into users of our innovative, open core geospatial web services software. We are working to transform the landscape for geospatial web software through revolutionary technology that scales more effectively, works more reliably, and lowers the total cost of ownership for web and mobile mapping applications. |
OpenGeo company is headquartered in New York City, doing business worldwide. We are currently in search of experienced, hands-on sales professionals who can make an immediate impact on our revenue.
OpenGeo°s track record of software innovation and openness provides incredible access to key decision makers in significant federal government agencies and other large organizations. We are rapidly expanding our footprint within the Washington, DC area. We have had notable success within the US Intelligence community, the Defense Department, The World Bank, many civilian agencies within the US federal government and other large enterprises in the DC metro area.
OpenGeo°s market opportunities include:
- Replacement of expensive proprietary GIS web services and mobile mapping technologies with commercial, open-source software alternatives
- Cutting edge open source Cloud technologies
- Professional services for implementation and migration to open-source solutions
- Training services
- Partnering with leading SI ’s on large scale implementations
- Delivering cost-effective solutions
- Strategic Account Management within large federal accounts
- Developing and sustaining strategic customer relationships within the federal market
- Closing sustainable revenue across technology and service lines
- Working with product management and marketing teammates to better design products and product use cases to meet client requirements
- Creating and executing on strategic and tactical sales plans
- Accurately forecasting and closing sales commensurate with company goals
Our ideal candidate will have:
- BS/BA degree required
- 5 years MINIMUM of successful enterprise software sales experience
- Web services software and technology sales experience
- Demonstrated track record of top performance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven competitiveness
- Executive relationships within account set
- Knowledge of GIS and geospatial technologies, with a passion for technology
- Industry familiarity with open source principles
- Experience working with government agencies and other large organizations
- Clearance level of TS or higher (optional)
At OpenGeo we invest in the best people and treat them right. We offer competitive salaries and great benefits (all the basics, plus five weeks of vacation and lots of snacks). Most importantly, we work to develop, support, and expand the reach of software that challenges the status quo.
OpenGeo ’s team is distributed from Austria to Argentina, with higher concentrations in New York, NY, Alexandria, VA, and Victoria, BC. We are looking for someone in the Washington DC area for this position. Travel is required.
Send your resume and a cover letter and be sure to let us know why you ’re interested in working for OpenGeo.