Your new career: Building a global logistics network
Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics is currently seeking a talented Senior HR Manager to work out of any of the following locations:
As a Senior HR Manager for Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics, you will have responsibility to align business objectives with management and employees in designated Midwest geographical locations. Successful Senior Manager will act as employee champion and change agent. Communicating needs proactively with corporate HR and business management, developing integrated solutions.
- Conduct weekly meetings with respective geographical areas.
- Consult with local HR, providing guidance when appropriate.
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with local HR to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Work with Employee Relations Manager to conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations. Partnering with legal department as needed/required.
- Provides performance management guidance to local HR with regards to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with General Managers and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR Policy guidance and interpretation.
- Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures and workforce planning.
At Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics, we recognize that our people are our most important asset. We encourage our employees to learn our business and contribute to our success. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, business casual dress environment and more.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 8-10 years of experience in the resolution of complex employee relation issues.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, federal and state respective employment laws.
- Excellent client management and business literacy skills
- Excellent consulting skills
- Strong conflict management skills
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Develop strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results.
- Effectively envision, develop, and implement new strategies to address competitive, complex business issues.
- Ability to manage multiple locations.
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities.
- Ability to understand issues domestically and internationally and communicate effectively with clients.
- Be flexible and available to interact with employees at all levels.
- Be self directed and motivated.
- Take initiative to identify and anticipate client needs and make recommendations for implementation.
Join a global leader
With 3,500 employees around the world and offices based across the Americas, Africa, Asia, Europe, Middle East and Oceania, Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics (WWL) is the leading independent provider of global factory-to-dealer transportation and logistics solutions for the automotive, agricultural and construction equipment industries. The company also specializes in handling complex project cargo such as rail cars, power generators, mining equipment and yachts. WWL’s sophisticated supply chain management services ensure an efficient integration of ocean transportation, inland distribution, terminal handling and technical services.
Ø 4.3 million units transported each year, 2.3 million by sea and 2 million by land
Ø 3 million automotive and rolling equipment units processed annually
Ø More than 60 modern eco-friendly car carriers and Roll on / Roll off vessels in operation
Ø An environmental forerunner
Everything we do is guided by our Mission and Values
Our Mission is to create business success for customers by providing logistics solutions for the distribution of rolling and select static cargo in a changing global market – with maximum reliability, quality and cost effectiveness.
Customer Centered, Innovation, Teaming and Collaboration, Empowerment, and Stewardship are the five core values that guide the performance of our employees and make working at Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics as stimulating as it is challenging.
Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information about Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics, visit our website at
Monster - 11 months ago
Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics (WWL) offers factory-to-dealer transportation and logistics services to the automotive, agricultural, and con...