Responsible for the management of significant projects (e.g., strategic change management, new business and product initiatives, process re-engineering, establishment of control procedures) within this Infrastructure area. Sometimes referred to as the internal consultant, individuals typically work on multi-disciplinary projects and require a broad knowledge of the firm and its key functions. These projects necessitate full time commitment and are not undertaken by incumbents whose primary role is elsewhere. Strong quantitative, analytic, and project management skills are also required. Employs extensive professional expertise as a generalist or specialist. Develops resolutions to complex problems that require the frequent use of ingenuity and creativity. Work is accomplished without appreciable direction. Exerts considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment. Serves as the organization spokesperson on specialized projects or programs. Acts as counselor to top management and customers on advanced technical research studies and applications. College Degree or equivalent experience; advanced studies/degree preferred. Typically has 8-10 years related experience.
Freddie Mac is a shareholder-owned company with an important public mission: to make home possible for more of America's families. To do this, we need smart, creative people from diverse backgrounds who want to make a difference in other people's lives as well as their own. We demonstrate our commitment to employees by providing a comprehensive Total Rewards Program. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity employer who firmly supports and recognizes the value of diversity. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Responsibilities include managing the delivery of a portfolio of projects, appropriate and timely resolution of issues, managing budgets and providing project management expertise to the broader group
1. Experience in application remediation/development using various technologies is a plus
3. Proven ability to provide functional project management expertise and deliver technology infrastructure / remediation projects using a SDLC methodology.
4. Proven ability to work with a senior technical team, vendors, infrastructure engineers.
5. Ability to understand key budget assumptions and drivers and manage accordingly.
6. Experience establishing, and managing to, vision and scope for mid-size/large projects.
7. Experience managing business relationships with Business partners and delivering to expectations.
8. Experience developing project proposals, goals, time lines, funding and staffing requirements for projects.
9. Experience shepherding and leading product evaluations through RFP process.
10. Experience with iterative methodologies such as Rational Unified Process.
11. Excellent interpersonal, team management, facilitation and communications skills ¿ must be able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
12. Hands-on Microsoft Project Server experience and ability to create, configure, customize, maintain, project plans for a single complex or multiple smaller projects.
13. Minimum of 5 years of technical project management experience.
14. Prior experience working in a research /lab environment and familiarity with Service Oriented architecture principles is a plus.
15. Plan View (Resource and Schedule) experience and ability to create, configure, customize, maintain, project plans for a single complex or multiple smaller projects is a plus.