Overview Terex Corporation is a Fortune 500 Company and a global business leader that manufactures a broad range of equipment for the construction, infrastructure, quarrying, mining, shipping, transportation, refining and utility industries. The Company operates in five business segments throughout the world: Aerial Work Platforms, Construction, Cranes, Materials Processing and Material Handling and Port Solutions. Terex offers a complete line of financial products and services to assist in the acquisition of Terex equipment through Terex Financial Services.
The Plant Controller directs and provides on-site manufacturing and cost accounting support, provides key financial support for management in manufacturing plant operations and assists in provision of US GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance services. Responsibilities - Manage through active participation the cost accounting system: cost accounting methodology, maintenance of product costs and the annual cost revision process.
- Develop reporting and understanding to explain key cost drivers; material cost, material burden, freight and duty, other costs of goods sold, labor and overhead.
- Develop reporting and understanding to explain key drivers of manufacturing efficiency; production recoveries, utilization, scrap, labor and machine rates, etc.
- Develop and provide management reporting function for cost accounting; key manufacturing performance metrics and ad-hoc reporting requirements.
- Actively participate in oversight on cost reduction efforts by identifying, evaluating and monitoring cost reduction programs and initiatives.
- Perform cost analysis of plant spending/cost structure (cost/benefit, incremental capacity, make versus buy decision analysis).
- Provide key financial oversight on physical inventory; safeguarding of assets, cycle count and physical count adjustments and excess & obsolescence reserve.
- Actively participate in development of capital expenditure requests.
- Actively support Finance and Global Business Services (GBS, aka Shared Services) for month-end close process, account reconciliations, manual journal entries, etc.
- Provide key oversight and support to Cost Accounting and FP&A functions for analysis of manufacturing cost, standard margin and gross margin variances.
- Operate as a business partner of the Plant Director and as a key member of the Plant Management Team (PMT)
- Perform strong business analysis for PMT, as well as providing Finance and Accounting perspective on business decisions
- Coordinate with the Plant Manager & Plant Supervisors the establishment of annual departmental budgets and forecasts.
- Execute and comply with Terex policy and procedures, local statutory and legal requirements and Sarbanes-Oxley documentation, assessment and evaluation requirements as directed.
- Develop, document and assess inventory and cost accounting policy & procedures
- Assist with change management activities, process improvement and system efficiencies in order to improve service quality.
- Embrace and promote the Terex Way: Integrity, Respect, Improvement, Servant Leadership, Courage and Citizenship Qualifications College degree in Accounting, Finance or related field, MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- Five years cost accounting and financial management experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong working knowledge of internal control processes; experience with Sarbanes-Oxley compliance requirements a plus.
- Strong manufacturing and cost accounting knowledge and competency.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills to complement creative “out-of-the-box” thinking.
- Adaptable, self-motivated and strong team player.
- Excellent written communication skills and proficiency in documentation of processes and procedures.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, relationship building skills and demonstrated ability to work across functional areas and levels of management.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong computer skills – Oracle ERP, MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word proficiency.
- Proven track record of attaining organizational and personal objectives.
- Must be able to speak, read and write the English language.
Terex - 14 months ago
Terex is a "T-Rex" when it comes to making a variety of cranes, aerial platforms, and construction and materials processing...