Inventory Control Clerk
Reports To: Inventory Control Lead
Supervises: No Responsibility Supervising Associates
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Code: 0IC081
Department: Inventory Control
Prepared By: Chelsea Davidson 6.20.11
Reviewed By: B.Curry
This position is r esponsible for the integrity of the inventory through research, cycle counts, bin audits, making appropriate adjustments, and monitoring transactions. This position personally aids in creating the most accurate inventory possible, ensures that products are delivered on time and in the quantity requested by our customers and ensures quality and making sure that the efficiency and accuracy standards are being met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Resolves Inventory Control issues accurately and productively
· Tracks and physically counts all items grouped as part of a cycle count or isle audits
· Accepts quickly to change
· Maintains an orderly and clean work environment
· Effective oral and written communication skills
· Regularly demonstrates GEAR Vision and Values
· Demonstrates dependability by following instructions and responding to management direction and takes responsibility for own actions
· Demonstrates quality by being accurate and thorough; Continues to look for ways to improve and promote quality
· Encourages safety procedures by using equipment and materials properly and reports potentially unsafe conditions
· Complies with GEAR’s attendance policies
· Employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop or kneel.
· Works near mechanical parts
· Noise level in working area is moderate
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED) or 2 years of Inventory Control Related Experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic computer skills
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the associate. Other duties will be assigned as needed.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
GEAR FOR SPORTS® has celebrated over 35 wonderful years of business. Our company started with a vision, a dream and humble beginnings,...