Addresses customer requests for assistance in all computer and telephone related activities to ensure maximum uptime and efficiency of all desktop computer and telephone equipment within all Shelby County Departments.
EEOC CODE: 30
GRADE: 50 Minimum Qualifications Two (2) years field experience in network installation, desktop configuration troubleshooting, and network problem analysis; and graduation from an accredited college or university with an Associate's Degree in Computer Science, or Computer related major; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience. (PROOF OF EDUCATION IS REQUIRED) Special Requirements 1. Must be able to lift and transport computer equipment up to 30 lbs.
2. Must be able to work after Hours (weekends and evenings) as needed.
3. Must possess a valid Tennessee driver's license or secure one as of employment date with no restrictions upon driving.
4. Must have own personal transportation supporting expedient response after-business-hours to on-site service requests.
5. Must be able to pass a NCIC background check. Duties and Responsibilities 1. Installs, tests, troubleshoots, and operates personal computer, telephones and network hardware and software components
2. Receives and processes PC and telephone related calls to the Service Desk, resolving basic issues via telephone, email, FAX and memo.
3. Participates in the reviewing of established procedures for accuracy in the following areas: projects, networks, PC hardware and software, telephone hardware and software etc.
4. Locates and resolve complex PC/LAN/telephony hardware and software issues using available tools.
5. Coordinates activities associated with outside vendors, maintenance contracts, etc.
6. Ensures that computer and telephone equipment is properly tracked, received, and relocated out/in for inventory repair.
7. Installs, configures and troubleshoots desktop to LAN/PBX voice and data connectivity
8. Maintains accurate computer-based call records, and review to ensure achievement of QOS and SLA goals.
9. Utilizes group discussion, publications and other relevant sources to improve personal knowledge base and skill set.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities 1. Extensive knowledge of PC architecture, peripheral products, tools and repair technology.
2. Thorough knowledge of Microsoft operating systems, with the ability to install and maintain desktop operating systems and productivity tools in a primarily Windows XP and Windows 7 environment.
3. Good general knowledge of Microsoft network architecture, including Microsoft domains, SCCM and Active Directory.
4. Able to effectively diagnose and resolve PC and LAN hardware and software issues using telephone, remote tools and site visits.
5. Able to effectively diagnose and resolve telephone hardware and software connectivity issues using telephone, standard tools and site visits.
6. Understand how to install & troubleshoot all network cables, providing connectivity on a Cat5+/fiber infrastructure. Shelby County Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, national origin or handicap status
Shelby County Government participates in E-Verify
Equal Opportunity Employer
Memphis and Shelby County Health Department
- 2 years ago - save job
Shelby County Health Care Corporation, dba Regional Medical Center at Memphis (The MED), provides a variety of health care services to the...