Location: Minneapolis, MN
Maybe you are a veteran Linux admin with serious programming chops? Or maybe you're a programmer with a passion of low-level Linux problems? Knowledgeable, thorough and obsessively efficient, you permeate a fluid boundary between 'development' and 'operations'... 'DevOps'. With a deep disdain for anything inefficient, slow or that requires manual intervention, you'd rather write a script to automate a task than perform something more than once.
If you thrive in an intense, technical culture that is poised to dominate the market, this your opportunity to join our Cloud Engineering team.
What You'll Be Doing
You'll Be Responsible For
- Designing, building and managing our global high performance exascale cloud
- Developing the next generation of cloud-based storage hardware and software
Skills and Requirements
- Automating life-cycle management of exascale clusters, networks and everything in-between
- Adhering to FIPS and PCI security compliance in accordance with standards, policies and procedures
- Complex software/hardware troubleshooting, patches and re-installations
- Developing and communicating new technology standards and best practices as appropriate
- Contributing as part of a team of super engineers building the next generation exascale cloud technologies
Nice to Haves
- Comp Sci/Engineering degree (or equivalent experience)
- Career-proven aptitude for working with cutting edge open source technologies
- Programming ninja (bash, JAVA, C, PERL, Python, PHP, RUBY, whatever works best for you)
- Large scale UNIX/Linux server management experience. Preferably Gentoo, FreeBSD or OS/X
- Consistently demonstrating a professional, positive, and approachable attitude/demeanor and sensitivity in handling confidential information
- Desire to replace one's self with code.
- Responsible for Code 42 Software's information security by appropriately preserving the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of Code 42 Software information assets in accordance with the company's information security program.
- Experience with cloud computing philosophies and tools like Puppet
- Experience using a monitoring framework such as Zabbix or Nagios
- Large-scale experience with Internet routing/load balancing, BGP, DNS, ARIN, etc
Code 42 is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Code 42 makes meaningful software, entrusted with protecting the world's data. We work on cutting edge technology to handle data and...