DuPont is a global Fortune 100 company, operating in 70 countries today. We are looking for people who have a passion for delivering innovative, sustainable solutions that meet our customer needs for a better, healthier, safer life.
DuPont offers an exciting place to work where thousands of innovations are introduced every year. You will have opportunities for growth through involvement in various dynamic industries from high-tech to high-performance; including
agriculture, nutrition, electronics, communications, safety and protection, home and construction, transportation, and apparel.
The 84-year-old DuPont Belle plant is located just outside Charleston, WV and employs more than 400 DuPont employees and about 150 resident contractors. Boating, hunting, golfing, and fishing are the primary outdoor hobbies of many site
personnel. On site, our employees enjoy growth and development opportunities as part of our winning team. They thrive in a collaborative, market-driven environment that rewards business savvy and scientific street smarts.
Site businesses include:
The site produces a wide range of products and applications found in plastics manufacturing, home and personal care products, crop protection chemicals, automotive products and industrial manufacturing. Some DuPont products
- DuPont Chemicals & Fluroproducts
- DuPont Crop Protection.
manufactured on site include Methyl Amines, DMF/DMAC, DME/DMS, Glycolic Acid, Vazo® and Hexazinone.
Currently the DuPont Belle plant has a need for General Operators.
Position Summary: Monitor and operate equipment and facilities, including field equipment, insuring quality and conformance with standard operating procedures. Maintains safety standards at all times and initiates and follows emergency procedures when necessary. Rotates through various roles within area, including, in some cases, a control room rotation.
At DuPont, you will find sustainability in our vision, our business and your future. If you want to work on the leading edge of your field and have a desire to make a difference, join DuPont and discover The miracles of science™.
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer.
DuPont is an E-Verify employer.
- High School Education or GED Equivalent
- Minumum of two years prior industrial manufacturing experience
- Must be able to wear required PPE (personal protective equipment) such as steel toes, hardhat, Nomex®, protective eyewear, faceshields, Arc protective clothing and SCBA (Self Contained breathing Apparatus).
- Must be able to work in a High Hazard environment including adverse weather, elevated, confined spaces, extreme temperatures and a noisy surroundings
- Must be able and willing to work rotating 12 hour shifts, including nights, weekends, holidays and overtime
- Must be able to lift 10 pounds. frequently, 25 lbs. regularly, and up to 55 lbs. occasionally
- Must be able to Stand, Walk, Stoop, Bend, Kneel, Crawl, reach overhead, have excellent manual dexterity and visual acuity
- Must have experience navigating and utililzing Microsoft Office tools such as Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Must attach a current resume detailing experiences
- 2 year accredited chemical operator training program
- 2 to 3 years prior experience as a chemical plant operator
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Lean Manufacturing Experience a plus
- Prior 5S involvement and understanding
North America-USA-West Virginia-BELLE PLANT [DUPONT](2511)
E. I. du Pont de Nemours (also known simply as DuPont) wants to coat your car, feed your crops, and decrease your dependence on fossil...