Come join a company that has built its reputation on providing premier customer service. For years, Publix has been the top-ranking supermarket chain in the nation on the American Customer Satisfaction Index.
Come join a company that treats associates as family. Thanks to our founder, George Jenkins, all eligible associates are shareholders in Publix. Our annual survey of associates shows strong job satisfaction. Many in our family stay with us for more than 20 years. No wonder we have been on Fortune magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" list 14 consecutive years!
Come join a company whose continual growth provides ongoing opportunities for advancing your career. Publix has 143,000 associates, more than 1,000 stores in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina and Tennessee, and continually opens new stores. Our support system of manufacturing plants, distribution centers and corporate offices are expanding to serve that growth.
Come join a company that is financially sound, ethically strong and committed to diversity in all respects.
Department: Information Systems
- One of the following positions is now available in the Technical Services area of Information Systems:
- Senior Systems Engineer
- Senior Systems Engineer/Staff Specialist
- The position interviewed for will depend on skill set.
- Systems Engineering involves defining, developing, maintaining and advising on the effective use of the Publix information technology architecture. Some examples of systems engineering tasks include:
- software and hardware installation, configuration, integration and support
- system and network management activities
- problem-determination and resolution
- project team participation and
- new technology awareness, research and system integration.
- Bachelors Degree in computer science or an analytical discipline or equivalent experience
- must have a minimum of five years experience supporting IBM AIX
- must have a minimum of three years experience supporting Novell SuSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES)
- must have excellent communication and team skills
- must be flexible and able to handle stressful situations in a professional manner
- must demonstrate ability to work under minimal supervision
- must have a high degree of self-motivation, commitment and integrity
- must have good human relation skills (the ability to work well with others and to be a team member)
- must show enthusiasm, initiative and pride in work and a
- commitment to Publix and our Mission.
- minimum of five years experience supporting HP-UX, Sun Solaris, and Novell SLES in a zVM environment
- experience using one of the following volume managers (HP LVM, AIX LVM or Sun DiskSuite)
- high skill level and familiarity with shell scripting
- experience providing problem support in a heterogeneous environment
- knowledge of SAN technology (fibre channel switches and HBAs)
- experience with Veritas NetBackup
- experience with NSM technology (Unicenter, Tivoli, or OpenView) a plus and
- experience with high availability clustering technology (HACMP, Serviceguard).
- Pay Type: Salaried
- Minimum Base Pay: $1279.00
- Maximum Base Pay: $2258.00
- Year End Bonus: One month's pay (pro-rated in the first year) if associate remains employed through December 31.- Incentive Bonus: NA
- Potential Annual Pay with Bonus: $72,046 - 127,192
Publix is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost to you
- An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
- Group dental plan
- Group vision plan
- Sick pay
- Long-term disability pay
- Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death & dismemberment benefits)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vacation pay
- 6 paid holidays (can be used on other days)
- Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
- Paycheck direct deposit
- Credit union
- Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases.
Monster - 3 years ago
Careers at Publix
If you think shopping at Publix is a pleasure, try working here!
It's very satisfying to work for – and to be...