Senior IT Manager – Project Services
The Senior IT Manager for the NAD and Supply Chain Project Services organization is a key leadership position responsible for building and managing a team focused on delivering key IT initiatives.
- Establish strong relationships with IT and Business partners
Ensure successful and timely delivery of all project components within area of responsibility
- Ensure all areas of responsibility are keeping pace with or exceeding demand – drive results
- Define processes/techniques to achieve a faster time to market for project delivery
- Play a key role in the evolution of the organization including the definition of new roles and the implementation of new methodologies
- Directly manage a team of Project Managers and/or Business Analysts (individual contributors) with a range of experience and expertise. Team members often include a blend of associates and contractors
- Provide direct project oversight to all projects being managed within their respective domain
- Prioritize, schedule and plan the execution of multiple projects that may span more than one business unit or function and maintain a high-level understanding of dependencies that could lead to project risks
- Ensure key departmental metrics are achieved assuring our overall IT commitment to operational excellence
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of IT delivery and resource planning processes with the goal of faster time to market. Proactively make recommendations on opportunities to improve these processes
- Ensure that Project Managers and/or Business Analysts are using accepted processes and methods which include managing through all phases of the project lifecycle (including activities such as risk management and stakeholder expectation management)
- Responsible for understanding IT interdependencies, scheduling PM and/or BA resources, and executing tasks against pre-defined plans in the context of Staples’ Project Development Life Cycle, Project
- Management processes, Business Analysis processes, Change Management and other standard IT processes
- Recruit and hire new associates. Provide supervision for direct reports (on-site and remote) including hired services contractors
- Provide coaching and enrichment program for associates. Establish individual performance goals, review performance against goals and provide coaching for associate skills and career development. Plan and recommend salary increases, as appropriate. Manage Associate issues, which may include dismissals
- Follow and improve departmental practices enabling quality management decisions based on concise data points
- Provide crisp and clear project services operational updates as needed
- Provide input into annual cost center and project budgets; may manage spending against budget
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of program and project management to continually improve quality of delivery and related processes
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, or Business or equivalent
- Masters certification in related field and/or PMI PMP certification is a plus
- 10+ years information technology management experience including at least 10 to 15 years of IT project management experience and experience managing a team of project services professionals.
- Proven track record of delivering IT projects in a large, complex, matrix environment using varied delivery approaches for internal and externally developed solutions as well as ‘packaged’ solutions
- Excellent leadership and communication skills required with the ability to manage and champion all aspects of process and cultural change
- Ability to quickly establish and maintain partner relationships at all levels across the organization
- Skills include strong business acumen and strategic thinking to complement strong tactical execution skills
- Significant knowledge of project management and business analysis processes, methods, and standards
- Ability to develop and motivate a team
- Consulting skills / influencing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage and resolve conflicting needs of stakeholders.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values the diversity of our people, products, and services.
Staples - 23 months ago
There’s a whole lot more to Staples than you probably ever imagined. As the world’s 3rd largest internet retailer and a trusted...