Site Experience Manager
Director of Digital Marketing
The Site Experience Manager is responsible for developing an analytics program that enables continuous measurement and optimization of all key aspects of Anthropologie’s e-commerce business. This individual will have a focus on providing analysis and strategic direction on website experience, onsite engagement, and testing and targeting. Using our reporting resources, this individual will deliver recommendations on our performance marketing channels as well as creative, merchandising, and user experience. In addition, this person will also be responsible for strategic research, business forecasting and reporting activities.
Founded in 1992, Anthropologie (www.anthropologie.com) operates more than 145 retail stores in North America and Europe, and ships to over 90 countries worldwide via our ecommerce channels. We cater to fashionable, educated, and creative women between the ages of 28 to 45, who desire an inspirational shopping experience. To that end, we are committed to exceeding her expectations in unexpected, delightful ways. Our unique product assortment includes women's apparel and accessories, home furnishings and décor, gifts, beauty, and found objects. Our mission is to provide our customer with an unimagined experience.
Anthropologie’s parent company, Urban Outfitters, Inc. (www.URBN.com) is an innovative specialty retailer which offers a variety of lifestyle merchandise to highly defined customer niches through brands including Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie, Free People, Terrain, and BHLDN. Urban Outfitters, Inc., is both a Fortune 1000 and S&P 500 ranked company with nearly $2.3 Billion in revenues.
- Serve as the team’s resident expert on the use of analytics tools, ensuring that E-commerce teams employ analytics best practices in the design, execution and tracking of the online storefront and marketing vehicles
- Define and oversee daily, weekly and monthly reporting packages and dashboards to enable the E-comm team to continuously measure and optimize business performance in all key functional areas, including
- Online customer shopping behavior
- Buying and planning
- Site merchandising effectiveness
- Channel marketing effectiveness
- Create efficiencies to automate report creation and distribution
- Manage analyst in performing in-depth customer engagement and marketing channel analysis
- Objectively deliver insights and help create a culture of data-driven decision making:
- Alerting the E-commerce team of any sudden shifts in the business
- Developing A/B and multi-variate reporting tools and strategies
- Look into site segments and make recommendations for personalization through targeting
- Delivering ad hoc analyses to answer key business questions
- Recommending ways to improve the business
- Manage relationships with external solution and service providers as needed
- Work in close collaboration with merchandising, planning, marketing, and finance teams to achieve the group’s overall e-commerce business and financial goals
- Partner with the Database team to create comprehensive integrated analyses of the customer
- Build pro formas and models to forecast ROI of global site initiatives
- Substantial experience (5-7years) in web analytics for an online retailer or similar Internet-based business.
- Strong proficiency with Coremetrics, or similar, including implementation and experience writing technical requirements and conducting QA
- Experience managing a team of varying career levels
- Experience planning, conducting, analyzing, and presenting data from both qualitative and quantitative primary research studies
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, “self-starter” environment serving as a catalyst for change and managing multiple work streams simultaneously
- Ability to work with colleagues and external parties through a positive, collaborative, and transparent inter-personal approach.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Minimum 5-7 years marketing / web analytics / ecommerce experience required
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent training and experience
Some travel required.
Urban Outfitters, Inc. is a lifestyle specialty retail company that operates under the Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie, Free People and...